Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm buying a gun for the first time and i wanted to here some of ur advice on which is the best gun. I'v kinda narrowd it down to either a tippmann 98/A-5 or a spyder imagine/pilote. If anyone knows any other better guns for around that same price range let me know. The 98 and imagine are a little more in my price range than the A-5 and pilote. And please i don't want any BIAST oppinions. I want the truth. Thnx guys its greatly appriciated for your help

·
Registered
754 Posts
imagine if you wanna play speed/rec ball and the tippy if you wanna play scenario/woodsball is what i always say. my personal opinion, get the spyder imagine. faster bps, cooler lookin, quality, not a ton of cash. thats the truth. it would take a good 150 extra to get the tippy to shoot as fast as the imagine. get the imagine and get a hpa system and a good hopper. i reccomend a 12volt revvy or an egg II

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx a lot for the advice. anyone have anything else to say. im not quit sure yet if im gona play woods or speed.

·
Big Props to L. Ron
1,130 Posts
a tippmann is not a timmy thats an intimidator a tippmann is a tippy and go for a tippy 98 they are easy to maintain and are great at woods ball

·
Registered
269 Posts
I would go with an imagine. Way more performance out of the box. Great price, although, the tippman is almost indestructable.

·
Registered
754 Posts
hahaha.......i didnt notice title..i say new player written all over it....hahah

·
Registered
754 Posts
a little fiesty are we? I'm tryin to help ya out. I'm not flaming or anything but i'm not TRYING to be a dick...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Go with the Tippmann it doesnt take hundreds of dollars to make it throw paint with spyders, I play woodsball and speedball and I rarely have much trouble keeping up with the spyder, ion users. Its also alot about skill not just the gun so remember that.

·
Cold Fusion...
2,466 Posts
Baroque-Urban said:
Go with the Tippmann it doesnt take hundreds of dollars to make it throw paint with spyders, I play woodsball and speedball and I rarely have much trouble keeping up with the spyder, ion users. Its also alot about skill not just the gun so remember that.

sry to get off topic, and i know its the skill that makes the baller and not the gun, but a tippman will NOT keep up with an Ion... we are comparing a single trigger mech, to a double trigger electro-pnuematic...

anyways go with the spyder, more bang right out of the box.. all you need is a new barrel on the imagine and your set

·
Lounge prostitute
1,945 Posts
^^^ that was already mentioned

i'd go w/ an imagine, reasons, 1. cheaper but still durable (tippy's more durable but still spyders can take some) 2. faster incase u decide to play speedball 3. not really a factor, more like a bonus, looks cool 4. i dunno

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
the_real_kaz said:
No one really uses that.

Take the Tippmann. More reliable
1. people do use it, the stupid people dont. if you dont know something, use the search button! youll probably find a thread on whatever youre searching (relating to pb)

2. how is a tippman more reliable? because you can run over it with a truck and it wont get hurt? if you know how to do simple maintenances such as lubing and charging your battery (on a spyder), itll last forever.

·
not really named bob...
2,369 Posts
if you take proper care of pretty much any marker itll be reliable. in my experience as both a player and a ref, ive seen many many more spyders then tippmanns break down. not to say spyders are unreliable, its just tippmanns are built sturdier(ie: crappy plastic feedneck) and dont need nearly as much care as a spyder.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
PaintBallBob said:
if you take proper care of pretty much any marker itll be reliable. in my experience as both a player and a ref, ive seen many many more spyders then tippmanns break down. not to say spyders are unreliable, its just tippmanns are built sturdier(ie: crappy plastic feedneck) and dont need nearly as much care as a spyder.
but you also get what you pay for...a big piece of metal shooting 4bps lol...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts