Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a Pilot ACS 2005. It has an unidentifiable board in it to the extent of my knowledge(I traded for it). The Board says "SpyderV3" on it. Which I am taking to mean Virtue 3. I have done a ton of research and cannot find which board this is. I will post a picture when I get home this evening. It is Red and it looks nothing like the other Virtue's I have found online.

The problem I am having, is the gun will not fire more than once in any setting other than Semi-Auto. It will shoot the first ball, and I hear all of the clicks when it tries to fire more, but the bolt doesn't move and I have to re-fire to get it to shoot another round. I am using Automatic as an example.

I have charged the batter for 8 - 12 hours as Kingman has told me that is the proper charge time. I am not sure if this is a side effect of the Tournament Lock or not. Again, I cannot find out which board the gun is. I want to buy some upgrades, but I also want to find out if I need a new board or not. I am also using a full Co2 tank.

Also, in Semi-Auto, it feels like when I try to shoot faster than 3 or 4 balls a minute, the gun will not engage the bolt.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed

·
Administrator
14,011 Posts
you are going to have to explain what you mean by "will not engage the bolt" and "re-fire" (do you mean re-cock?)

have you cleaned it? lubed it?

also, go download the manual for the virtue board for your marker, try programing it and returning all the setting to factory settings, see if that helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It recocks, and everything works fine in that area.

I've cleaned and re-lubed it. It just won't shoot after the first shot on any of the settings, and if I try to shoot too fast in Semi-Auto it won't fire.

·
Administrator
14,011 Posts
how do you know what your setting it to if you dont even know which board it is?

if your using the spyder rechargable 9.6v battery try switching it out for a new non-rechargable 9v (you can go find a 9.6 if you want to be all fancy but it should work on a 9v no problem)

im thinking its just the battery, i believe those boards use a capacitor, worst case is the capacitor is shot (this is all assuming the problem isnt in the board settings)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Trbo.

You're the second person to tell me to try a 9v. I will try that.

Again, I don't know what board it is because I traded for the gun and all it has on the board is SpyderV3, which I've scoured the internet for and I haven't found anything pertaining to this board.

Also, none of the photos look like it.

I will try the 9v. As for resetting the board, does the "SpyderV3" mean its a virtue board and I can call them?

Thanks,
Ed

·
Administrator
14,011 Posts
as i said before, id download the manual to that board (the virtue board for spyders) and try getting into the settings, if the manual says stuff like "when entering the settings mode it should blink 5 times) but you try it and nothing happens, its a good bet that thats not it

im the second person to suggest a battery change and you still havnt tried it :dodgy:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seeing as I am at work, and I've posted simultaneously on 2 forums this morning.

No I have not tried a new battery. You may know more about repairing a paintball gun than I do, but that does not justify your arrogance.

Thanks for your help anyhow.

Ed

·
Administrator
14,011 Posts
didnt mean to make that sound arrogant about me knowing more about fixing them, i have to ask questions sometimes too that i smack my forehead for not thinking of earlyer. but the way it was worded it sounded like to me that someone suggested you try a new battery a few days ago and you havnt tried it. but yes good luck, try the battery first then resetting the board if that manual is the right one.

any way you can ask the guy you traded which board is in it?

·
0 Posts
If it doesn't shoot the second time it could be a number of issues. It usually is the battery and throwing in a fresh one solves it, so try that first thing. If not that it'll be time you check the solenoid/sear assembly. Do tell if the battery works for you, and if it doesn't we can work on the more complicated issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK,

I bought an Energizer 9v tonight and it didn't work. It actually works worse than the 9.6v. It won't even fire with the 9v and the clicking sound is very weak compared to the 9.6v.

I wonder if it is a capacitor issue. I will check the solder points on the capacitor.

Anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK

I've taken the grips off, and I watched it while trying to fire it.

The Coil Set isn't moving the way it should when I try to fire too fast.

And its sporadic when it does fire, but it seems to fire fine when I fire slowly.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same Issue

Hey man,

I realize this is an old post and it might have been solved by now. But in case it hasn't...
I have the Spyder Pilot ACS, same as yours I believe and a while ago I had that same problem. But now I took a look at the marker and the coil set isn't using enough power to push the "sear" if that's what it's called. I think the only way to fix it is to buy a new coil set.

I just looked and they're about $40 online.

again, sorry this was late and hope it helped.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not to hijack, but someone said it could be a bad capacitor.

Have you taken voltage readings on the output side? Disconnect the plug for the diode, and read the voltage. What abou the capacitor? What are readings? Does it go to OL, low voltage reading?

By the way, I am encountering similar problems with a ACS board (old school), the one with semi, 3, 6, auto w/ multiple speed settings from 6 to 13 if I recall well.

A member here said it could be the capacitor, have gone to different local Radio Shack stores and have not found them.

Would anyone know where I can get a 6800 16v capacitor?

I bought the one in the illustration and made the mistake of not reading the specs from Allspectrum.

Its 1" diameter x 2" long, lol, like a "D" battery, LOL, and I bought two of those...

Not hijacking, but because its almost the same problem, and same gun wanted to see if anyone knows a online source to get the correct cap. thumup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
acs spyder pilot

didnt mean to make that sound arrogant about me knowing more about fixing them, i have to ask questions sometimes too that i smack my forehead for not thinking of earlyer. but the way it was worded it sounded like to me that someone suggested you try a new battery a few days ago and you havnt tried it. but yes good luck, try the battery first then resetting the board if that manual is the right one.

any way you can ask the guy you traded which board is in it?
i am having the same problem with mine and we think it is the battery and the seere arm isnt moving.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts