Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! i was just wondering the specs on the Spyder RSX and ELectra and how they compare. Thanks!!

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
The RSX uses the G3 Balance Valve
The Electra uses the SE Valve

The RSX is heavier, but has the Tadao board (all you would need is the Tadao chip and you have a gun with all the modes you will ever need)

The Electra... is lighter...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I knew about the board. But like how do they run?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What does the valve do? ANd with either one could i get the mode where i can pull the trigger and it fires and i let go and it fires? I thinks its called Ramping? Correct me if im wrong

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
The G3 Balance Valve restricts the air allowed to cock the gun, thus making it more efficient and smoother shooting

What you're describing is AutoResponse
Ramping can be simply expained as more than one ball per trigger pull, i.e. PSP 3-Shot which is three shots per trigger pull at a rate of 10.5 bps max

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So how would these guns compare to the mini? Like in effeciency and electronics?

·
KRAKEN! KRAKEN! KRAKEN!!!
1,298 Posts
The G3 Balance Valve restricts the air allowed to cock the gun, thus making it more efficient and smoother shooting
Close but not quite, the balanced valve has compressed air on both sides of the poppit opposed to only on the front side of the gun. This effectively decreases the amount of force the striker has to overcome to open the valve which allows for a smaller/lighter striker and less main spring tension.

It's very similar in design to the Empire poppit for 2nd/3rd gen. Intimidators, the only difference is the Kingman one works.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Huh, I'll have to take apart my VS2.5 again and have a look at it

And the VS2, VS3, and RSX all have the same striker, while the RS, Electra, and older slim striker spyders use the older style

·
1,298 Posts
The 09 electra uses the old style striker? (I quit following the Spyder line when they came out, too many new products at once...)

·
1,298 Posts
Sounds like an AMG.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Never had an AMG, heard they were amazing though

In any case, to get back to the OP's question
I like the G3 Balance Valve much better, though the VS2/3 and RSX are heavier than the Electra and such
If you can get G3 internals (The valve, striker, and spring), and put them in a lighter Spyder, then you'll be golden
:)

·
1,298 Posts
Just be sure not to use CO2 with the balanced valve or your gun will **** bricks.
(The temperature fluctuations cause the urethane o-rings to swell which ****s **** up.)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts