Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just got a spyder victor for my birthday and am wondering what upgrades i can get to make the performance better. Also i want to know what size of barrel will make it better, currently i have the stock 9 and a half inch barrel. It wouldnt let me upload a picture.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Get a 12" barrel.

If I remember correctly the Victor II had a regulator the Victor I doesn't, so you could probably buy that from someone with a Victor II part out and upgrade it there. I'd stop after that, and upgrade the gun. A lot of people are going to tell you to sell the gun and buy something more expensive. You don't have to listen to them. Your gun is just fine for playing a few times a year with your buddies. If you wanted to go with a faster trigger, get a trigger frame off a Sypder Imagine.

/first time I've talked paintball probably since I've joined.

·
Administrator
14,011 Posts
ya barrel will be the best idea, anywhere from a 12" to 16" is what you want, although the length in there is up to you, there will be no preformance difference. dont go over 16 though, you start loosing efficiancy and see no preformance difference

IF you can find parts for cheap then sometimes its worth it to upgrade a lower end marker like a victor, buddy of mine did just that, found a e-frame for $30 and its worked wonders for him. however, throwing hundreds into upgrades for a low end blowback is just not worth it when you can spend even $200 and get a different marker that will outpreform the victor with the upgrades, so the genneral rule of thumb is get a barrel for this marker first, then a good hopper, then switch to HPA and if you still want more preformance after all that, get a new marker. if you are happy with it the way it is then by all means keep it and go play, no need in spending money if you dont need or want to. but a lot of new players get stuck with one marker for far too long because they keep spending little amounts on upgrades from time to time when, in reality, if they had taken all that money from the upgrades they could have gotten a new marker that will easily outpreform this heavily uped one a long time ago

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get a 12" barrel.

If I remember correctly the Victor II had a regulator the Victor I doesn't, so you could probably buy that from someone with a Victor II part out and upgrade it there. I'd stop after that, and upgrade the gun. A lot of people are going to tell you to sell the gun and buy something more expensive. You don't have to listen to them. Your gun is just fine for playing a few times a year with your buddies. If you wanted to go with a faster trigger, get a trigger frame off a Sypder Imagine.

/first time I've talked paintball probably since I've joined.
Okay well i like my trigger the way it is, but one question what is a regulator? im really new to this.

ya barrel will be the best idea, anywhere from a 12" to 16" is what you want, although the length in there is up to you, there will be no preformance difference. dont go over 16 though, you start loosing efficiancy and see no preformance difference

IF you can find parts for cheap then sometimes its worth it to upgrade a lower end marker like a victor, buddy of mine did just that, found a e-frame for $30 and its worked wonders for him. however, throwing hundreds into upgrades for a low end blowback is just not worth it when you can spend even $200 and get a different marker that will outpreform the victor with the upgrades, so the genneral rule of thumb is get a barrel for this marker first, then a good hopper, then switch to HPA and if you still want more preformance after all that, get a new marker. if you are happy with it the way it is then by all means keep it and go play, no need in spending money if you dont need or want to. but a lot of new players get stuck with one marker for far too long because they keep spending little amounts on upgrades from time to time when, in reality, if they had taken all that money from the upgrades they could have gotten a new marker that will easily outpreform this heavily uped one a long time ago
Another question, what is a e frame? Also i was planning on going with a 12" or a 14".

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
There is no reg on the Victor, just a gas thru grip, acts a bit like an expantion chamber

E-frame is short for Electronic Frame, will give you a much lighter trigger pull and let you walk the trigger when set correctly

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so my gun broke about an hour ago, so i am going to either exchange it for a new one or pay the cost and get a better one. i can only pay 40 extra and this gun is only worth 70 bux.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
so my gun broke about an hour ago, so i am going to either exchange it for a new one or pay the cost and get a better one. i can only pay 40 extra and this gun is only worth 70 bux.
Well what happened to it? Maybe we can help you fix it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was shooting paintballs earlier and right after i shot one it dumped all the air out of my tank and my tank was half full.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im not sure but all the air was going out the barrel and when it was done leaking, the gun was all cold. but im taking it back tomorrow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i took it to the store and the guy started taking apart and found the problem, there was just a leak in the part where the coz tank attaches.

·
Registered
5 Posts
aye indeed,if it ever does that again and you notice its not from the same spot say around the barrel, (i rock a spyder victor 2) and it could be as simple as a pinched/broken O ring. so are you still goign to replace it or are you trying to upgrade it?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts