Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out and bought a 21" sniper barrel for my spyder xtra, now i'm looking into putting a scope on it. Any suggestions/tips?

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
please say your joking.....please......please dont tell me another newb did this.....

here a suggestion, take the stupid, useless barrel off your gun(thats killing your accuracy in reality i might add) and get something decent. you will never need a scope, the barrel does absolutley nothing. there is no way to be a sniper in paintball(not with any effectivness anyway). just drop the fantasy now...

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
be prepared to spend a little more money on co2....21 inch barrels consume more gas (its a longer distance to the end of the barrel, taking more gas to propell the ball at the same FPS). the best length for efficiency and accuracy is about 12-14 inches.

sights dont usually help too much, since paintballs are inherantly inaccurate. but, if you did get one, dont get a laser sight, the red dot dont show up well in the daylight. someone else might be able to help you out with a "good" one, but i personally dont use them.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
well most people aren't happy witha 21 inch barrel but whatever floats your boat (it's frigging huge! and it takes more co2 cuz of the friction. It also makes your profile quite large and your gun a little front heavy. )

no need for a scope in paintball , I like how onesikpup puts it
paintballs are inherantly inaccurate
That's the best way to put it. round objects just dont' fly straight. the best thing to do is look down your barrel when you shoot

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know why people don't like a larger barrel. I've played a couple of games already and smoked the other teams. It's great!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, I can see that. I don't play speedball so it doesn't bug me too much. I play woodsball with a group of friends, we're all average players. So the sniper barrel works for me. If I moved up a rank or two and played speedball with ace shooters then yes I would understand what you're all saying and stick with a 14-16" barrel.

So no ideas for a scope or sight?

·
Registered
90 Posts
drop it man, no scope im gonna double quote
paintballs are inherantly inaccurate
a paintball will never be like airsoft or a real bullet, sorry to break to to you :(

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
the omly use i can think of for a scope is to "look" for people. sometimes its easier to see someone if all the other background is blocked out, and your vision is narrowed to a very small field of view. scopes do not help with actually aiming at a person, what helps is learning your gun and where the balls tend to curve or drop off and the range at which they do so.

all scopes are pretty much the same, except the laser ones...which, as i said before, dont help in the daylight.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
txaggie08 said:
please say your joking.....please......please dont tell me another newb did this.....

here a suggestion, take the stupid, useless barrel off your gun(thats killing your accuracy in reality i might add) and get something decent. you will never need a scope, the barrel does absolutley nothing. there is no way to be a sniper in paintball(not with any effectivness anyway). just drop the fantasy now...
You should really shut the **** up. The only difference between this barrel and any other is the length, bore, and the extra co2 you will probably use. Its not going to do **** to his accuracy besides a little less velocity. There are such things as snipers in paintball. Take your inaccurate, idiotic responses elsewhere.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
stop saying sniper barrel...its not a sniper barrel...just a barrel with a useless 6 inches

as stated by onesikpup...scopes will no help you with hitting your target in paintball

there are no snipers in paintball...dont call your barrel a "sniper" barrel...just say "my rediculously long barrel to compinsate for something" barrel...the last part isnt true................i hope ;0 lol

just have fun...if you do get a scope dont go ape and get a really expensive one...just one that will help you find the guy...when i was into woodsball when i first started paintballing...i just took some really small binoculars (sp?)

when you get into speedball...dont get anything more than 16 inches or less than 12...after 16 its pointless and before 12, your accuracy wont be as good

·
Registered
90 Posts
I dont think youre right lovetocheat69... I believe alot of what you posted but in reality there is no snipers you cant peg a guy from a cpl hundred feet away...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I stand corrected...

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
poor jalapeno...didnt realize he was opening this big ass can of worms....

the point is, every one has a little different view on things....some are more adamant that they are right. what you need to do is figure out what is right for you. (and dont take any of this stuff personally)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Naw, you didn't scare me off, just letting you all discuss around eachother. I got tough skin, you can lecture me on sniping and paintballing all you want but it won't bug me. Everyone has their own opinions and preferences, even if I don't agree, I like to hear what everyone has to say.

Good stuff...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Jalapeno, get the cheapest scope you can find if you really got to have one, because I have one set up on the Talon ghost (only for looks, absolutely zero efficiency on a pump marker with plastic barrel!!!!) and I got shot right in it once. It dissassembled all the inside lense and it took me a lot of time to clean and reassemble. So I say GO CHEAP.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
You wont be able to put the scope on your stock sight rail because the vertical feed is in the way. Unless you plan on mounting it some other way, such as on the side. Make sure the scope fits your rail..

The 21" is gonna be a gas hog with no compensation. Basically your wasting gas for nothing. 21" doesn't give you extra range, or extra accuracy. You'd be more efficent on a 12-14", but I'm sure you have your mind set and don't care about the lectures anymore....

good luck

·
Registered
242 Posts
Ok if you wanna be a sniper in paintball be one. But to be one you have to be able to shoot a person in one shot. Thats a definition of a sniper.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts