Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tried both of those, my comp lock up every time (except the 1st) i try to "fix" it...even if i only try one file at a time. the first time i "fix" it, it eliminates about 20 or so problems...and causes almost the same number of programs not to work.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
you may have sustained so much damage that a format just won't do it (yes, it IS possible). so you may possible wanna get a new hard drive. then get ad-aware, and norton antivirus, and zone alarm firewall securities. then update all of them regulary. also, you need to get all of the windows updates (at least the critiacal updates). then, you're computer wont give you any probs.

Edit: if you know how to operate a comp very well, then just get linux

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i use the SBC browser, mcafee virus and firewall, have all the windows updates, built in firewall (in my router). zone alarm really pisses me off. when i had that damn thing, it went off so much that i couldnt even use the comp. of course, it may be a hardware prob now, any way to tell for certain?

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
i dont understand what people do to get so much spyware. i see people STILL downloading kazaa. do you go on THAT many **** sites? i have some spyware, but if i knew i had any i'd get rid of it first thing which is what boggles me to see that people wait till their computer is about to die or something to get rid of it..

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is one too many? (pron site) i only frequent this one particular site (with the ol lady)

i dont dl **** anymore, and i never really realized what spyware could do. kazaa....never ever again, thats what killed my last comp. im kinda e-stupid, but im learnin. ive always thought that viruses were the thing that was doing me like this. spyware is a relatively new concept to me. of course, i shouldve figured it out when all the antivirus and antitrojan software failed to work, resulting in a re-format.

anyways, is there someplace i can get a copy of the spyware blocker that come with AOL, w/o actually getting aol? a highly respected friend says its the shiz.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I use Zone Alarm Firewall, Norton System Works, and ad-aware. I downloaded just Kazaa and had virus's and huge spyware files on my comp just from DOWNLOADING IT!

HATE ON KAZAA!

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
if the programs dont do it, do it manually like i did. Go to add/remove programs, and look for anything that says search or web offers, etc. (examples: web search, free gifts!, lycos search, bonzai buddy, GAIN, gator, etc) theres all sort of em. That should get rid of your major problems like messing up explorer windows and popups. Then you have all the undercover stuff that slows your comp down by sending out your information. Not much you can do about those unless you got a few hours to kill and want to check out every folder you have in program files and look for anything suspicious

1 - 20 of 22 Posts