Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
14,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, it is happening

what are your thoughts?

Disney bought out Lucasfilm so they now own the rights to the star wars name. Apparently back in the 70s they had planned a 7,8 and 9 but the idea got dropped in the 90s but now that Disney owns the rights they are going to make a 7 8 and 9 with some people saying 10,11, and 12 on the board as well and still others saying all they way out to 15

I am not sure how I feel about it but the one issue i see, Lucas is not listed as a producer but rather a "creative consultant" which really in my eyes just means Disney can do whatever the hell they want to and ask him questions if they feel like it

·
Registered
221 Posts
Give in to the Dark Si...I mean just watch them. I *heard* it won't be a typical Disney branded family movie, I'm kinda excited to see what they come up with, if it is based on Jar Jar Binks, well, the backlash will be severe.

·
Administrator
14,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think episodes 2 and 3 are better than 1. it felt like they tried to put too much humor in episode 1 not to mention the CG in 1 is very noticeable and quite a bit better in 2 and 3

Harrison Ford is already on the boards for episode 7

Jar Jar is not in episodes 4,5 and 6 so I feel like they would have a hard time bringing him into episode 7, not to mention if you follow the politics of the series he essentially would have lost his job in episode 3 meaning he is a nobody now

that aside I could also see Disney bringing him back just for the kids which would be a huge mistake for the series as a whole

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
I remember sitting in the rain in a line of about 60 people waiting to get into the theater in 1979 for the "first" one when I was a kid. Went to see it 4 times that week. I don't care about any of the other movies, that one will always be "episode 1" for me. The rest were wildly disappointing. And don't even get me started on the %#(*^@% Ewoks...

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
When I was younger I didn't like the empire strikes back, and loves return of the jedi. Now that I've grown up, I can appreciate the darkness of episode IV and I see the problem with ewoks. Still, how awesome are those land speeders and that entire chase scene?

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
What you are actually asking is if he would go "gold panning" with you. :naughty

1 - 20 of 21 Posts