Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was downloading the requiem for a dream soundtrack and theres some good trance tracks on there.. so i got the artest and was looking up paul oakenfold and clint mansell.. its mostly trance, techno and dance.. but its was cooler then any trance and dance mixes ive heard..

they arent just repeatative and annoying.. they have rising and falling and all that. its pretty good..

now wheres the vicks vapour rub and a water bottle.. im heading to a rave.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Welcome to the light side. Or dark side. Whatever you prefer, really.

I recommend:

DJ Tiesto
Paul Oakenfold (as you've discovered)
Yahel
Paul Van Dyk
Infected Mushroom (decent, a little too synth for me)
ATB
Gouryella
Crystal Method

My favorite, and the #1 DJ in the world, is by far DJ Tiesto. Oakenfold is right up there though. I got hours upon hours of techno on my iPod. It's great music for background noise, or just to zone out & meditate to. Oh and of course dancing.

-Jinjiro

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
yeah, good techno and trance can be very cool stuff, great to chill to or i like to write papers to it. can't stand ambient. I know 0 artists though....so all of my techno comes through a winamp stream.

don't forget ur glow sticks....

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
You gotta get Darude. Nuff' said. Songs by them that are a must are Sandstorm, Out of Control, and Ecstasy.

For a kind of hybrid techno also check out some prodigy stuff. Minefields is their best.

·
1,751 Posts
tunnel trance force
barthezz
mauro piccotio
trance nation
sunbeam
bt
sasha
ect

A really good site to check out if your into any kind of techno is www.di.fm good streaming channels of many genres

·
to lazy to change avatar
1,777 Posts
www.id-t.com
they sponsor all the big trance parties in europe. i highly suggest going around there site aswell as the party sites for some sick videos and some music

parties to look up-
trance energy-best trance music ever. period. they have dvds of them. there clubs are HUGE im talking airplane hanger huge. held twice a year
thunderdome- extremly hardcore, again, look for dvds.
mystery land- HUGE outdoor party with live djs and and insane light shows.
there are some more on their website

dj's-
tiesto
cosmic gate
cream team
armin van buuran
johan gielen
rank 1
just to name a few

also, www.di.fm has live streaming trance/techno/rave music 24/7
very good site
catch me on aim for any questions/info, i got 100+ gigs of this music

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys.. ill have to check those guys out.. i love just having it in the background when im in my house..

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i checked out some of those Dj's.. pretty sweet..

this high speed internet thing is giving me a musical revolution.. with easy access to so much ive been listening to SO much new stuff.. techno, dance, trance, classical, opera, mediate or whatever its called, and all kinds of weird genres. its awesome

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ive got a bunch of thievery corporation tracks. they are pretty sweet.

And im loving songs that incorperate synth or techno into rock songs.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
If you want then get these
lords of acid:
jack off jill, sonya blade,
ealenor rigby
out comes the evil
I sit on acid
Prepare yourself
Rubber doll *extra fingerlickin good*

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah Breathe by prodigy is a sweet song. i forgot about those guys.. ill look em up tonight

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
I wouldnt know teh names off teh top of my head other than Daft Punk, I listen to a lot of thier stuff.

But mostly i just burn long techno mixes from friends, then blast them as I'm doing chores and such. It's also really cool to listen to when playing video games. Especially love techno video game beats like the Zelda or Super Mario song.

And I could listen to the techno stuff from the first Blade movie all day long.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
word, techno is really under rated.. its just awesome to have in the back ground

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Darude. They are the best. in my opinion. But i totally agree that techno is under rated. and rap is definitely over rated.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts