Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first post. I've been playing with rentals every month with any spare cash I manage to save up, and needless to say its expensive. around $100 for 1 day. Anyway, I am looking for a starter gun and equipment. At the moment I'm at a tight budget, lets say $150 for everything. I know I can't get anything high end for that, let alone the equipment, but I'm only going to be playing once a month, and I will be slowly upgrading everything as I go. I have found a few sets and markers, and this one in particular has stood out to me:

Spyder Victor Paintball Gun Marker MEGA Package - Black

I know from what I have read that the helmet is pretty much garbage and I will have to replace it. As well as replacing the CO2 tank and the hopper. The CO2 and hopper can wait, but If I were to get this set, I would replace the helmet immediately. As for the marker itself, I know the kind of performance I will be getting out of it. I was just wondering how better off I would be with something a bit higher end. The rest of it seems fine. Is it possible to assemble all of these things and keep the same price? If I bought this stuff separately , it would appear that it would cost more. I haven't looked at used or refurbished yet, but I have no problem with refurbished so that is definitely an option.

Does this look good for the money? Do you reccomend anything else than the spyder? Thanks.

·
Administrator
14,012 Posts
id say no. if you are planning on replacing the extras anyway then why buy them in the first place?

heres what i suggest

#1, click on the link in my sig and read through the guide. it will give you a lot of information

#2, forget that package, not only is all the extras crap, but in reality the marker itself is not going to be much better than a rental. so for those reasons i say first thing, get a quality mask. even if you can not get your whole package put together on your budget if you have a good mask but still have to rent it will go a long ways towards making your day of play much more enjoyable. #2, a good hopper. again even if you have to rent the marker and tank having a mask that you can see with and a hopper than can feed well will really help. then last i say get the marker and tank.

that way you will end up not spending money on equipment that you will just throw away and also will end up with a marker that is better than a rental. it may take a little longer than purchasing that package now but trust me on this, it is a much better idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts