Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
meh.....blah blah blah. its the same thing he always talks about. Evil enemies. Vengeance. Protect the american people. We've heard it all before. What im curious about is what he's gonna say about the troop surge.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I decided that studying for finals was more important, so I only ended up watching the first 20 minutes or so.

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
Alright I'm gonna be outright and say it that the health plan he "outlined" is bs. You can just opt not to take it and you will get a ****load of money at the expense of everyone else that uses it.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
What I thought was fun was Condi Rice's facial expression during one close-up. She looked like she was about to kill someone.

Who else saw that?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
The speach was actually scheduled for about 45 minutes if noone applauded. There was less applause this year than the past several, so it was an hour all together anyway. The majority of that time, as apposed to some occasions past, was the speach itself.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I will listen to those when they dont need to stop for applause 62 times (thats how many pauses were in this one)

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
The applause migt be annoying, but it serves a purpose when you watch it. By seeing who applauds, how quickly they applaud, how long the applaud is, and the facial expressions of certain individuals (Madame Speaker in particular) you can really see who is for or against certain issues. The applause is a show of support or discontent. It really tells you alot about the opinions of Congress towards the President, policy in general, and each other.

·
12,110 Posts
I was watching the news when I got home from work and they were just showing Bush on his way out the door. He was signing autographs.

People kept touching him. This one lady just had her hand on his shoulder for at least a minute. Then another even uglier lady came over and grabbed his elbow. It was sickening. He's not some superstar. He's just our representative, and lately, he's proven to be a poor one. Not to mention an unpopular one. I know if I was president and people were trying to touch me, I'd turn around and try to clear up the fact that I'm just a regular person just like you are, and if you want to touch something important, go home and hug your kids or something. But I'm just a dangerous hippie with decent marksmanship.

I didn't see the speech, but I heard one of the news reporters saying how he is basically ignoring congress instead of working with it. It doesn't make sense. The people don't want the war[2][3][4][5]. Congress doesn't want the war[6]. If there were WMD's in Iraq, they no longer post a threat. The insurgents that are in Iraq aren't fighting to take control of Iraq, they're fighting because they want to kill Americans. The whole thing stank since the beginning, but our noses had been out in the cold for too long.

This whole damn situation bears a striking resemblance to Julius Caesar's last days. I dont know who Bush is getting his advice from, or if he's making these decisions himself, but he needs to start acting in the best interest of American citizens, not what HE thinks is best for the country[1]. We put him in power, and we can take him out of power.

[1]http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm
[2]http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/06/20/poll/
[3]http://www.antiwar.com/lobe/?articleid=8710
[4]http://www.pollingreport.com/iraq.htm
[5]http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/12/11/opinion/polls/main2247797.shtml
[6]http://breakingnews.iol.ie/news/story.asp?j=208181044&p=zx8y8y75x

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
alpha you are extremely ignorant concerning the current situation in Iraq

in the future just finger yourself instead of trying to type out **** that only the dumb 12 year olds of this forum pay attention to

·
12,110 Posts
Are you the funny guy that always has to get in his .02 in real life too, or are you just lonely?

Tom, I'm beginning to see your posts as a cry for help. Your a very opinionated person, and its okay to be such, but you need to have some respect. If I had a nickel for every time you got your panties in a knot and left PBF, I'd have about 15 cents.

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
you mean once, like when I said I was going to be without the internet for 2 months?

yeah, Like I said, you should be fingering yourself

if it was anyone else I would explain myself, but you, you change your opinion on everything every other month, then make long winded emo posts. its simply not worth my time. your like pbf's Kerry, yet I'm not sure if your quite as ugly as him

respect is not given freely, it is earned, there are plenty of people on this forum who's opinions I don't agree with, yet I respect them because they are actually intelligent.

being lonely?

no, its the middle of the afternoon and my class was canceled today. So I came to good ol' pbf and saw good ol' alpha being ignorant, what a surprise.

·
12,110 Posts
Well, can you maybe explain to me what was ignorant about my post?

So its a bad assumtion to make that since bush has an extremely low approval rating that the people don't approve of him? And its a bad assumtion to make that the majority of Americans do not support the war effort in Iraq?

Don't get me wrong, I think taking Saddam out of there was a great thing. Its just a shame that crowds of insurgents flocked to Iraq to have a shot at shooting some Americans. I supported the war when it started because all the evidence pointed towards Iraq having WMD's, plus Saddam was crazy enough to use them. Hell, he used them in the attack on the Kurdish village.

You don't think its creepy that people were trying to touch him?

You think Bush is acting based on what the majority of Americans think is right?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts