Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
<3 I love fat chicks <3
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE:
well i was playing baseball again today and i re-opended the cut and tore the middle stitch. im supposed to get them off tomorrow but idk now...hope they dont have to put more in...that would suck. anyways i tore it in a tourney today when i slid into third, then into home....didnt really hurt, but i knew instantly wut i had done

now the old stuff
well here she goes.......i got stitches yesterday after playing baseball. i was playing catcher, bases are loaded, 1 out. the batter skies it to left field. left fielder catches it and chunks it home. no cuttoff. as i go down to get the ball (one hopper) the kid running home plows into me. i mean hits me HARD. as he takes me out the ball hits him in the back. he is safe, and i end up on the ground with a inch and a half long, half inch deep gash on my right leg just above my kneecap. thats right my RIGHT LEG. i gave him the back of the plate. he could have easily gone around me

anyways....after, my leg just goes numb. i just thought it was the impact at first. so i took some more pitches, and i was REALLY feeling it. so i glanced down, and around my knee my pants are covered in blood, and i just realized that his cleat had cut a hole in my pants, and i could see the cut inside. so i called myself out and we went to the medical center.

at the med center the doctor comes in, looks at it, then gives me this freakin huge shot to numb it. the numbing stuff....didnt work. i felt that needle with the strig the WHOLE WAY THROUGH. it hurt like hell. but he only gave me three stitches. im no stranger to stitches i have gotten them 4 times before, and they were all much smaller than this, and i got more those times. weird. i think he just wanted to go home cuz it was late. but wutever

id have pics up but i have no idea how to use our new digi cam/video recorder thingy. and my old digi is broke

tl;dr version

i got cleated. big wound. 3 stitches. numb crap didnt work. hurt like a mofo

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
one time i was getting a filling and the numb stuff failed.
Not cool.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
stitches have never really hurt me. i got 14 after face planting a windshield in a crash, like 20 in various surgeries, and 2 after being hit in the face with a lunch tray in 3rd grade. the only one that really hurt was the car crash one, but i think its cause my whole face was bruised an was extra sensitive

but hey, youre pretty lucky you got stitched instead of a break or something, cause you can recover in a week and be playing again soon. you also got yourself some battle scars too thumup:

O

·
0 Posts
I've gotten stiches on like 5 or six seperate occasions. It hurt but not as much as you made it sound.

A notable one was when I was 8. My dad was lifting me on a bigass carjack thing when his hand slipped. The little bar you pull up and down to life the jack hit me inbetween the eyes.

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
I've had stitches on 9 seperate occations involving me doing retarded stuff.

Iv'e had 2x4's dropped on my head, rocks dropped on my head, broken glass lodged in my knee cap, several bike accidents and i think i had a stick thrown at my face too.

The worst I ever got it was when i wrecked my bike and had the break handle go 4 inches into my upper thigh. It missed a main artery by like 1/4 an inch. It basicly lefta puncture wound 3-4 inches deep that the doctor was able to stick 2 fingers all the way in, and swish them around.

Yeah, that kinda hurt. Doctor had never heard of that happening before, but treated it just liek a bullet wound, becasue he said thats pretty much what it looked like, and thats the kind of damage it did to my tissue.

Yeah, and I still have the swimtrunks I was wearing at the time, and thier completely covered with blood, and there is little bits of meat/fat dried on the inside too.

Fun, fun, fun.

·
to lazy to change avatar
1,777 Posts
i played catcher for several years and know how you feel. i always was getting plowed over/into. batter's sometimes throw their bats into me after they hit the ball, and sometimes they would foul tip it right into my neck/head/chest/arm. but i never got cleated before. or atleast as bad as that. ive messed my hand up a couple of times though. really sucks. you shoulda asked the doctor to give you more of the painkiller stuff he gave you, then go back and nail that runner in the back of the head

·
<3 I love fat chicks <3
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
666paintballer said:
you shoulda asked the doctor to give you more of the painkiller stuff he gave you, then go back and nail that runner in the back of the head
i did. he gave it to me 3 times. but it didnt work, and he couldnt give me any more for safety reasons

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I play catcher too, pretty much the most dangerous position, I've been plowed many times, one really serious one where i tore cartiledge in my knee. I know how you feed dudeous

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Darn that had to hurt, i would of hit the runner in the face. Yea my bro was in my backyard and the teatherball was in the trees so i took a ladder and a rake and i feel backwards because of the wind and the water on the ladder. The thick steel metal rake fell straight on my bros head. He didnt notice till the blood was on his face. He had to have 15 staples. And you thought you hurt. Dont get mad at me for sayin that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts