Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my second time with my new tippmann a-5. I got it used off a guy but he only used it one time before me so shes only seen the field about 3 times. Just to let you all know im very inexperienced with the internals with this gun. i had a piranha i could clean while sleeping. but the internals are so different im almost scared to look into this thing.

Anyway, my gun is pretty stock, i mean stock stock. I think... im not sure i think it has a response trigger. The only reaspon i guess this is because it has like a metal rod lookin thing behind the trigger and ive seen pictures of some tippmann a5s without that little rod there. I may or may not have one im not sure. However if i do have one, its not doing its job. My rate of fire is horrible. Theres a double trigger on my gun and even with that i cannot shoot is as fast as i pull the trigger. I mean it shoots maybe 1-2 shots per second. My old peranha used to shoot as fast as i could pull the trigger without a double trigger but this gun is just slow for rate of fire. Idk what it is but its like it takes a second to calk the trigger back out to be pulled or somethin. I dont know what it is but the rate of fire is dissappointing.

Accuracy, very very very unimpressed. Although, what am i expecting to get out of the stock barrel. I was gonna just jump into the purchase of a flatline but after reading a few threads im not sure whether to get like a barrel kit with a number of diameters to choose from or just getting the all popular flatline. What i like doin, is a little of of covery fire, a little bit of fire fighting, but most of the time i end up advancing or doin some CQB of some sort. But whenever i try to actually get a ball right in that hole... i just didnt bother after a few games. Never took the shots to attempt to get em cuz the accuracy was so inconsistant. I'm shooting about 290 FPS with Compressed Air 3000 psi 48 CU. with a remote with stock internals. no new springs no new regulator... to be honest i cant even identify what the regulator is on my gun if it has one..

So basically where i stand is, im not sure if i have a repsonse trigger. Im looking into an egrip, maybe that will increase the ROF a little lol... And im lookin for suggestions on a barrel setup for my gameplay type. I've heard cirtain spring kits such as a maddmann spring kit helps ball consistancy and new regulators and what not. But just letting you know ive never been in my gun yet so. any suggestions please?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
guys, i appologize for the double post, after typing it up and submitting, it gave me an error so i just copied it and went back to this section of the forum and tried again.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Well...something wrong. It should be cycling as fast as you can pull the trigger, RT or not.

The metal pin behind the trigger should be the RT piston sticking out like its supposed to. There should also be an air line on the outside of the gun, starting with the cyclone air line and going in the other direction.

Also you can't have the E-grip and the RT in there at the same time, so think about that before buying something

As for fixing the problem, there's either a problem with the gun itself, or the RT is tuned wrong and is effecting the trigger reset. You can adjust that pretty easy-

(This is from the RT section of the Tippmann super thread)

I installed my RT, and I can't shoot any faster.

You shouldn't be. The RT doesn't help you shoot faster in the normal sense. Unless you are holding the trigger in the sweetspot, you will be firing as normal.

I installed my RT, how do I tune it?
-Or-
I installed my RT and nothings happening.

Gas up, without paint. Head outside with your RT-equipped gun and the small flathead screw driver, and do the following.

Turn the adjustment screw (This is the one on the grip side- The small one inside the air fitting) all the way in until snug. Don't crank it down too hard.
Fire a few shots. After 3-5 it should become near impossible to pull the trigger. This shows that your RT is properly installed and working. If you can still pull the trigger freely after a dozen or so shots, skip the next paragraph.

Now adjust the screw out-wards a turn or two. Pull the trigger lightly until the gun just fires, and try to hold that point. You should feel the RT kick against the trigger and reset it. Continue to adjust and shoot until you find the setting you like. Turning it out-wards makes the RT effect lighter and faster, up to the point where it doesn't work anymore.

If you can still pull freely after a dozen or so shots, degas your marker and head inside. Check your parts and check your install work against the instructions, because something is not right. Pull the piston out of its housing and see if it has grease on it. If not, give it some lube (not oil) like some Dow33. Make sure you have the air line on right as well. Once everything checks out, start the test again.

The A5 isn't too scary once you get it apart. If you have the parts diagram from the manual you should be fine. It might be a pain the first time though, but it gets easier.

I'd wait for other people's input here, you can also look at the a5 owner's website- Tippmann A5 Operator Group a paintball forum for the Tippmann A-5 Marker Owner.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i figured it out, it did have an RT and i tuned it til i ran out of air. It still doesnt shoot as fast as i pull the trigger but shoots alot faster than it did. It was default screwed in pretty tight.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Trigger mod for the R/T

:tup These two mods with make your R/T rock....

First get a lighter trigger spring. Its the gold sping in the pic. Try different click pen springs. They may need to be cut to fit. Also get a Capri Sun drink straw and put it on the trigger plate pin in the middle (its the yellow one in the pic. Makes it very easy to shoot like full auto all day...

very easy and inexpensive mods. you won't be disappointed.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts