Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, this is my first post on this forum.

A while ago I had bought an m16 barrel, collapsable stock, and hose for my Tippmann A5. The first time I got to use it the stock literally blew off the back of my marker. I took a few shots to chrono it and everything was working fine, 5 shots into the first round it blew off and I lost my guide pin and rendered my gun useless. I'm not sure what went wrong. Did I have the valve open too much on my hose? Did I not install the stock properly? Or was this a factory error? I'm wary of buying another stock and having that one break too. I'm also open to any suggestions on stocks as well.

Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
It sounds to me like you not assemble it properly. I'm not sure how it attatched, but you could have forgotten something when you reinstalled the back cap. There's a lot of force when that striker slams back.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
what kind of hose were you using?

when you presurize macro the design of it pushes against the fittings it comes into and out of, this force could be the reason it "blew off" but at the same time, this should have been designed to handle it. did anything break or just the pin come loose?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found the receipt for the hose and the description says "3skull C02 HPA Paintball Coiled Remote QD with Slide Check". Sorry if some of that is unnecessary, I'm still fairly new to the sport and this is my first time I modified my gun. The Stock did break, the two prongs that go into the gun where the pins are supposed to fit into broke. the top prong is completely gone and the bottom one is half gone.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
I don't see how increasing the velocity of the gun could cause this. The air hose runs into the gun in front of the trigger frame, and has nothing to do with the stock, or rear area of the gun.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
The remote isn't the problem. You probably just didn't install the stock correctly they are held in place with a couple of pins and either the pins weren't pushed in all the way or you may have damaged them when you put them back in and they sheared off when you started shooting. The pins are made of utter crap as far as material goes and they are known to fail. When I had a couple of A5s I ordered a few spare pins because they'd even break when I took the markers apart to clean.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts