Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to buy a stock class harness to use with my pump and pistol and future gats.
I was looking at these:
RoninGear Stock Class Harnesses
I kinda wanted a suspender one, but im not sure. Can someone direct me to cheaper and/or better harnesses? And/or tell me about these or what they use?
Thanks.

·
KRAKEN! KRAKEN! KRAKEN!!!
1,298 Posts
I don't know who makes a good stock class harness but the guys I play with all prefer the wrist harnesses over any other. It's what I'll be picking up myself when I get around to picking up a phantom.

·
1,298 Posts
From what I understand it's just a lot easier to pull a tube off your wrist than reaching around your body. Keep in mind 10rd tubes are much smaller than pods and your mask limits your ability to look at yourself to grab 'em. They're also not the most robust things in the world so having them on my inner arm will protect them a little more.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True. Im just kinda leaning towards a suspender system like this: Harness
Thoughts on it?
Would 12grams become damaged or anything if shot by a paintball whilst on a pack/wrist/belt?

·
1,298 Posts
Opinion:
That thing has WAY too many loops for tubes/12 grams.
/Opinion.

No, a 12g powerlet will not be damaged by a paintball hit direct or otherwise.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
Frozen Paint has a point, ONLY if you are playing in short games. I will agree that it is easier to use a wrist band for pump, but i'm guessing frozen paint has never played a long senerio with a pump, or even a game that lasts longer than say 30 min. In that case the wrist band is a pain in the ass! It simply dosn't hold enough paint/co2 and it gets annoying running back to get new 10 round tubes/co2 constantly.

The suspender harness you are looking at is pretty bad. It REALLY limits your mobility. You cann't crawl, you can't even really lay down. The tubes like to bounce like crazy when you are running and its annoying. I suggest NOT getting it!!!!! a waist harness is alot better.

I have the Ronin elite harness (top right of you link). Its a great harness, and can carry a ton of paint. I don't recommend having the tubes in one loop as showen, but raither using the two loops to hold 1 tube. You don't ever have to worry about tubes falling out then, and it still holds 20+tubes (more than enough to last over an hour and half on the feild)

The Ronin capless harness (bottom right) is the one my buddy has. Also a great harness. Dosn't hold as many tubes as the elite, but you don't need to have caps, which my buddy likes. His biggest problem with the harness is that when he takes a tube out he often loses some of the balls due to not having a cap and being in a hurry. I went with the elite becuase it was cheaper and I had a bunch of speed caps already.

I havn't used a PBmafia harness riddler is talking about, but I have heard good things about them. Though i think they are more expensive tan the Ronin gear ones. Not sure on that though. I've played in several senerios and pump days with my Ronin. it will do just fine but i know the PBmafia harness is nice.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I've been using a PBmafia leg harness for about two years? Maybe longer it seems like I've had it forever and I won't play pump without it. PBmafia stuff is very well made and the loops have held up well. Usually the cheaper stuff starts to wear out after the first few games and you get your tubes and 12ies falling out all over the place.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah i see. Im gonna go with a PBMafia harness then.

·
1,298 Posts
Frozen Paint has a point, ONLY if you are playing in short games. I will agree that it is easier to use a wrist band for pump, but i'm guessing frozen paint has never played a long senerio with a pump, or even a game that lasts longer than say 30 min. In that case the wrist band is a pain in the ass! It simply dosn't hold enough paint/co2 and it gets annoying running back to get new 10 round tubes/co2 constantly.
Yeah we make our games short and sweet. If it takes longer than 20 minutes it's gone on too long.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can anyone find me the site where 10 round tubes are a dime a piece?
I remember it being a phantom site where you can buy splash annoed parts and such. and speedcaps were like 15 cents a piece.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
o yeah.... that website is saddly know more, your thinking of wevopaintball. If memory serves me right, the two guys who ran it got into a fight and split up the company. I used to get all my stock class stuff from them, now i get most of it off of ebay. thats where i've found the best deals on stuff like that.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damn. So sad. Im actually short on cash so im thinking of getting the Ronin Gear back harness.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Damn. So sad. Im actually short on cash so im thinking of getting the Ronin Gear back harness.
Mine is similar to the back harness. but does not have the 12g ring on the top.

I tend to run capless with it and havehad no problems so far. When I empty a tube I stick it back in upside down so that when I go for a new one I don't grab an empty.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah double post but whatever. Its to bump this question:
Are PBMafia Belts good? They hold 26 Tubes/Cartridges and are 15 bucks.
Either those or a Ronin Gear Elite Stock Harness Pack. The RG is in the original link.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts