Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i plan of getting the Spyder Xtra to start out with and just to learn, but i want to use co2... Is the stock Xtra ready for co2, even with the mini chamber? Would it be wise to install a anti-siphon tube as well and if so, can i do this at home?

One last thing, my moms kinda iffy on having compressed co2 in the house and i live in arizona so the garage and those places are off limits. Is it safe? is there anything i can tell her to try and make it seem safer?

Thanks in advance. Zach

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
It'll work fine.

Anti-siphons are a nice thing for CO2, But everything will work fine without it. Yes it can be done at home. However it probably isn't a good idea since if anything happens wrong the tank will not be safe to fill.

Your CO2, if not over-filled, will have to be heated quite a good deal to reach an unsafe pressure. I think the temperature is well over 100 degrees F. And the tank has a burst disk that will pop and vent the tank well before it becomes a real hazard. Of course, a large amount of CO2 will come out of the tank if this happens and CO2 is pretty good at displacing breathable air, so I wouldn't sit next to a tank that had blown its disk.

If it makes you feel any better I kept my tanks in a duffle bag under my bed at school and didn't lose any sleep about it.

Like I said... unless it's overfilled, and that shouldn't happen, the tanks will be fine just sitting around in a closet or whatever.

·
Registered
306 Posts
co2 wil work fine on your spyder.. hpa is always better but not necessary for a spyder.. the tank aint gonna blow up or anything like that...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool, i was more worried about the siphon(sp) tube and the gun working rather than blowing up.

last, how much would a shop charge to install the siphon tube if i brought the tank? and how much is the siphon tube... thanks again

·
Registered
49 Posts
It varies by shop. My pro shop does it for $12.50. They charge $10.00 for labor and $2.50 for the parts. It's a good investment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts