Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
look for all the people that dont have spyders please dont bash the fact that we have spyders.first of all a lot of you say "or you could have just saved up another 100$ and got this other brand gun". well with that other hundred dollars i could make my gun almost or better than yours. second i got my spyder because i like what i get for the price and a lot of people dont want to spend 4-500 dollars on a better gun when so far from my standpoint my spyder works awesome. so just please stop the little comments about spyders i like mine and i will just keep upgrading it thanks.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
i hear ya, most people are like, you should have gotten a new gun and not wasted it on a spyder, well maybe we didnt haevthe 400bucks at the time, so spent little by little upgrading our gun, i hate people who bash, just because we put some money into our guns

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just remind the losers bashing your gun or anybody elses that it's all about the skill, not your gun's price tag.

·
Registered
873 Posts
That's why I'm happy with mine. I had enough cash thanks to a tax refund to buy whatever *mega highend* gun I wanted but the Imagine at it's price point couldn't be beat. There are a couple of useful items on high-end guns like eyes but for the most part you get diminishing returns once you get past $300. It seems like many of the Spyder bashers feel the need to justify purchasing a gun 10x more expensive by putting down people who see the value (price/performance) of E-Spyders. Personally I feel better about eliminating people when shooting a $120 gun then I would with one that cost 10x as much. Would you rather someone blame you or the gun for getting them out?

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Javaman said:
Personally I feel better about eliminating people when shooting a $120 gun then I would with one that cost 10x as much. Would you rather someone blame you or the gun for getting them out?
wow, i never thought of it that way, thats awsome, i'll be sending some e-kewl points yer way

·
Registered
873 Posts
Thanks! Playing pump with my PGP takes that to a further level. For some reason I tend to get as many eliminations (over a 50% ratio) with it as I do with my Spyder. It's really fun to see BPS maniacs' expressions when they get taken out by a single shooter. :)

·
WWW.GAMEBOZO.COM
2,741 Posts
datsun said:
look for all the people that dont have spyders please dont bash the fact that we have spyders.first of all a lot of you say "or you could have just saved up another 100$ and got this other brand gun". well with that other hundred dollars i could make my gun almost or better than yours. second i got my spyder because i like what i get for the price and a lot of people dont want to spend 4-500 dollars on a better gun when so far from my standpoint my spyder works awesome. so just please stop the little comments about spyders i like mine and i will just keep upgrading it thanks.
yea your right but most people in the kingman forum dont bash spyders. but i hear ya i hate it

·
06 Ego Owner
209 Posts
Honestly, just don't worry about what other people think. Having their comments get on your nerves is just going to satisfy them. If you simply ignore them, it'll all die off.

And yes it is great when you get the arrogant kid with the $1000+ marker out with your Spyder or P.O.S. (so they call it). :D It totally makes me day.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bash non Spyders!!! :looking

Seriously, I cannot imagine spending hundreds on a single paintball gun. I've always said I'd rather get real firearms (have a few).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all that agree with me and i know a lot of people on the spyder section dont bash them but i though i should put it here anyway

·
\/ My First avitar \/
1,673 Posts
I took out a Alias Timmy w/ my Spyder. Thats like what JavaMan said...Feels good. I dont think he wanted to face the fact when I told hm it was me!

·
Banned
546 Posts
I love my spyders, and I plan to get even more spyders in the future. However, I do plan to buy an electro pneumatic when I finish building my Xtra. I'll probably start out a BKO and build it like I did with my Xtra.

I find that 50% of the fun with paintball is tinkering and upgrading and tuning your gun. Sure playing is great, but knowing that you were the person who made it shoot so well, and not some guy behind the counter, makes it that much sweeter.

·
Registered
917 Posts
shawn b. said:
I find that 50% of the fun with paintball is tinkering and upgrading and tuning your gun. Sure playing is great, but knowing that you were the person who made it shoot so well, and not some guy behind the counter, makes it that much sweeter.
^^Amen.

I personally have never shot somebody with an Angel or Timmy or some other high-end gun. So I don't know this feeling ya'll are speaking of, but I can bet it's great.

If I had gotten a second job, and spent as much time doing that as I did tinkering with my Imagine and (recently) Trracer, I could have bought me an E-Cocker or some other overpriced weapon of paint. But, this was way more fun, and much more rewarding.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have even had people that use tippmans make fun of spyders. then I played against one of them I got him out every time he was on the other team lol.

·
Registered
62 Posts
shawn b. - check out the one kit, its by dragun and it turns your sypder into electro-pneu. So that way you can still keep the spyder hotness.

everyone else- personally i like the looks of a spyder, like it looks cool but not over done. I like the more flat metal look than that of a molded timmy or the dm4s....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts