Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, first i'll tell you the symptoms, then i'll give you my diagnosis.

sometimes, right after getting my 9oz filled, or when the temperature is high and the co2 has had time to warm up, when i shoot my maverick it only shoots like 20 feet. to get it back up to normal velocities i have to turn it upside down (so balls don't feed) and shoot it like 20-30 times. then it shoots normally.

my diagnosis: i think that this is caused by the output pressure of the co2 being too high. and i think the co2 output pressure is too high either right after i get it filled, or when the co2 is warmer. the pressure inside the valve (which is the just the output pressure of the tank) helps push the valve closed. so when the pressure is higher, it's harder to open the valve. if the valve doesn't open as much then the velocity will be lower.

has anyone ever experienced anything like this? the obvious solution is to get a regulator but that's expensive, i'm hoping i can solve this problem with springs or something.

·
revvies rock my socks
280 Posts
i have a ghetto idea. take a cover that they use on water bottles, you know the soft spongey kind that are insulated. well if you put one of those over your bottle wouldnt that stop it from heating up.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tippmann666 said:
you could take the valve spring out. or you could strech the drive spring. anything that will givee you a longer dwell
ya, but then when i fire some and the co2 cools down again, i'll be shooting hot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts