Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imagine a new form of paintball in which the teams are equipped with technolgy. Every person has a FRS radio, gps, maps ect.. The game has 2 teams. Each starting on oposite sides of a forest. The game can be played over 3 days. where people sleep in the woods, or it can be played over 5 hours. The idea behind this type of paintball is realism. The teams will be super organizied and trained. Teamates will communacate on radios and determine positions using gps. Teamates can hide in trees using harnesses and rope or build fortress. It would be a true war.

The teams will fight in swamps, canyons, fields and thick woods. It would be brains vs brawns.

Please help me develop this idea.

thanx
-zo

·
Registered
967 Posts
Thats just turning it into the steriotype that people paintball just to simpulate warfare. Although it would be fun i dont think i could sleep while wearing a mask. Good idea, but its not gonna happen anytime soon.

·
Registered
153 Posts
PAINTBALL WAS MADE TO SIMULATE WARFARE!!! i saw it on tatical to parcticle

anyway, whenever we play recball in the woods my team uses radios and we have tents set up in our bunkers, i doubt it would last that long because everyone would die after a couple of hours

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Yeah, I agree with nightstalker. It does seem like warfare doesn't it? I mean, think about it. But yeah, for the idea of team thing I believe you should simulate a war that meant something in history. Like WW1-WW2-Korean War- Vietnam War-Desert Storm-Desert Storm Episode 2. (Get it? Desert Storm?)

Ok,for example for a world war 2 scenario-

The Germans have taken the eastern woods, and the western woods. They lie in await liked a coiled snake to attack their prey. The downed and hurt American 49th airborne division awaits their dooms as the Germans come into their position to bombard them with heavy cannons and weaponry. Will they make it? Will they survive impending doom and prevail over the German brigade? Only you and your rugged group of men can do it, but will you?...

Fashizzle baby! Yeah, you like that don't ya? hahaha, I crack myself up man!

·
Banned
747 Posts
Fastecho419 said:
Yeah, I agree with nightstalker. It does seem like warfare doesn't it? I mean, think about it. But yeah, for the idea of team thing I believe you should simulate a war that meant something in history. Like WW1-WW2-Korean War- Vietnam War-Desert Storm-Desert Storm Episode 2. (Get it? Desert Storm?)

no, i don't get it...

·
Registered
967 Posts
Im just saying many newbies dont like the realism of war. They just want a new way to compete. I think doing this would draw people away from it. I wasent saying that it wasent born to simulate it.

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
nightstalker88 said:
PAINTBALL WAS MADE TO SIMULATE WARFARE!!! i saw it on tatical to parcticle
Well, first off paintball was NOT developed to simulate warfare, it was made to mark trees and cattle. The first paintballs were oil-based and were permanent. A bunch of guys decided it would be cool to shoot at each other one day (leave it to a guy to misuse equipment on a friend ;)) and presto the world of paintball began.

Tactical to Practical was nowhere near accurate. There were several threads on this before. Right when the guy said he was using nitrous to power his marker, you knew something was up there. Second they didn’t exactly do a good job at faking a paintball game since the hits were blatantly staged, and Hunter took his mask off right after he was shot. Staged or not, that is a big no no and that is NOT what our sport needs.

Back on topic. That would be cool though to do a massive scenario like that. It’s becoming more real as the years pass. Skirmish’s D-Day is a huge two day long event, and Oklahoma’s D-Day is a heck of a lot bigger! One of these days there will be giant scenarios like the ones you’re thinking of. That’s why I believe the real action is in scenario games, not speedball. That’s just my very bias opinion though. ;)

- Brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts