Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my 98c second hand and a body screw is stripped out, subsequently i cannot open up the gun for mod, maintenence, ect... how can i get it out? i have a replacement screw in case the current one needs to be destroyed.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
There's a tool called a screw-out or bolt-out, something like that. They'll work.

Home solutions I've heard-

Using loctite to bond a hex key to the screw.

Using epoxy or super glue to bond a hex key to the screw.

Cutting a slot in the screw head and using a normal screw driver to take it out (you'll probably cut your gun as well, I wouldn't do it if anything else works).

Using a larger size (like half-step bigger or a slightly bigger metric size) forced into the head to turn it. A small hammer may help.

I'd use a torx screwdriver (star-shaped bit) to take it out, if you have one. They seem to grab hex screws pretty good. A slightly larger size could be taped in with a hammer to bit it out.

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
They're called easy-outs... You screw it in, then "ease" it out.

Those things. Go buy a set, or ask relatives if they own some. I got a really small eye cover screw off of my old 2k2 timmy with those.

Don't try loctite, jb weld, or super glue to get an allen key in there, it doens't work.

Get some easy-outs... It will work.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
big_balla89 said:
They're called easy-outs... You screw it in, then "ease" it out.
They also cause a good bit of cursing in the shop. (half the guys here can;t use them very well)

One of the other solutions is to take a drill and drill out the head of the screw and take the gun apart. Then take a pair of vice grips and back the shaft of the screw out.

This also works for some rivits

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i drilled the end of the bolt out of the nut and then relpaced it w/ one i bought at the hardware shop!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts