Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, first i would like to thatnk the people that helped me with the pump vs. imagine dilemma i had. saw the imagine, looks sweet in grey blue, and its cheaper then the a-5 from tippman, which i was originally gonna get. but, anyways, thanks if you read this.

ok, i saw the stuff for the imagine, and i remember reading somewhere on this place some upgrades good for the imagine that could make a total cost of $200 or less, or somethin like that.

1) is that info accurate?

2) what would some good upgrades be for a starter imagine?

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
New barrel, electric hopper.

I'd say J&J for a barrel, but there are other options in the same price range that other people will like better.

As for a hopper, a revvy or reloader will work on the cheaper end. If you want to shell out some cash a halo-b will work even better.

Both of those new, expect to add about $80 or more to the price of the gun.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats cool. thanks. im willing to go an extra 8 lawns to earn the stuff. ill look into it. this stuff can be ordered online from the companies website, right?

·
Registered
57 Posts
i wouldnt get a halo b, as i dont think the ball detents on an imagine are strong enough to handle a halo. youl double feed. but ive never owned an imagine, i dont know. ask in kingman forum.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hows this for a start?

grey blue Spyder Imagine
18" DYE ultralite Spyder barrel
Richochet R5 Tippman A-5 200 round hopper

all in all, should cost around $245-$250. does that sound good for pretty cheap? and the halo-b is a little too many extra lawns to mow.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
No man. It probably doesn't say it but that hopper only fits on the A-5. Ricochet makes other hoppers that will fit on a normal gun, like the Imagine, if you like the way they look.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
I do most all of my parts shopping in the buy sell trade here and at pbnation.com. You might seriously consider looking for a used hopper or more. You can find some good deals out there.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
for 200 dollars illd get
an empire barrel kit(or equivelent)55-75 used
a nitro tank -75+ used
a revolution or egg- seen them as low as 25$ or so

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I need the excercise, so i'll find the hopper im gonna get, then start mowing this saturday maybe with paint meister so we can get our guns. but, he said that my plan would be good for someone playing back.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
maybe a cheap hopper, not too fancy, not too expensive would work. Maybe a normal hopper like the 32 Degrees 200 round hopper for 9.99. good price to keep me under $300.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
That'll work if you're in a hurry to get things together. It's always nice to have an electric hopper because it will help make sure that the paint is in the chamber as you're shooting. It'll help prevent dry fires and chops too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dont longer barrels give better range? im prolly gonna be playing back alot, so i would need range wouldnt i? or is that not really a factor to cover the front? but, ill look into that. sheaper than the deal i would be able to get though. the hopper and barrel equal the barrel that i was lookin at. but, what is the point of longer barrels, really?

·
Banned
125 Posts
i got the imagine a couple months ago or so and found out how great a gun it was. If that wasnt enough, i bought a cp 14" barrell and a drop forward to move the Co2 lower ( i didnt like where it was at) and found the barrell really helped the accuraacy of the gun. I also am planning on getting a new bolt for it since the factory one rips up the inside of your marker..,.....and im also planning on getting an electric hopper.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
rabbid_trgger said:
.....what is the point of longer barrels, really?
To attract sales from people that don't know any better. When I first bought my gun, man was I going to destroy all when I got my 21" barrel. I never got it, but I remember thinking it.

Anything past 14" is pointless really, aside from being able to push down the side of an air bunker. More important is the inside surface and the bore size. If you can match your paint to your bore size you'll have better accuracy. That's why kits are so nice.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts