1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
D

·
0 Posts
yeah i hate it when stupid asses try to ban video or pc games because they are too violent or may cause a kid to do something violent. It pisses me off. How retarded is a kid that he/she does something becuz of a game they played. I've been playing violent games since i was like 6 (yeah wolfinstein 3D) and i haven't done anything dangerously violent.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
dude wolfenstein 3d is the coolest

but yea i hate this sh!t, people need to stop blaming other things and accept the fact that the kid had problems and it was their own actions. its not like a friggin video game posseses your brain and makes u do violent games... but you and i know that they wont get banned, its to big of an industry and theres to much backing of it, i guess these stupid moms will just have to suffer

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
and really if u think about it, this is the planet eart, not some stupid fairy tale land where theres 100% peace and everything is happy, we are human... i mean cmon, theres a lot more diseases and stuff to worry about then friggin video games, these people need to get their heads out of their asses and realize that

but see with all these old powerful people rulling politics, they will never care or even listen to our own words as gamers, they dont care what we think, they are just self centered fools

D

·
0 Posts
P4IN7 B4LLS said:

people need to stop blaming other things and accept the fact that the kid had problems

i guess these stupid moms will just have to suffer
man its so true, just because the kid did something violent and he/she happened to have played violent games doesn't mean anything. they were probably violent before and thats why liked those types of games.

And yeah its all because of retarded moms. I friggin hate moms like that. And i went to a catholic school in elementary and was head of the concil thingy so i had to hear all that crap from loser moms saying that that activity wasn't educational or approp. Man i hated it. but now i go to a public highschool so no more *****ing.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This was posted by Styles on the ASZ (one of the most kick ass persons on the planet)

Humanity is inherently a violent species. You cannot get past that. What if I can't play CS anymore? Good...then I'll grab some sharp sticks and my friends and I will run outside and start pretending to kill each other. Or maybe it'll get worse than that...sheesh, that b!tch is probably not even human. Get rid of violence...how about if you get the f**k off the stage instead?

I think that sums it all up, right there.

·
Bang Bang Bang
1,615 Posts
every time this happens, they blame it on videogames. i mean c'mon are you people so stupid that you cant see that war is happening in iraq and afghanistan, maybe thats a reason this kid went crazy. thyere is no way im givin up half life, or medal of honor frontline

D

·
0 Posts
ahh i started to read that artical, but had to stop because i was getting to mad at it. that man is a loser, he was obviously raised in some crack ville, by crack baby parents.

Thats so dumb. training by playing counterstrike! what the hell. "hey guys i wanna take on the mafia, some i'm gonna play max payne for two years to get all those moves down pat"

D

·
0 Posts
personally i think video games do the exact opposite, well for me anyway. when i'm mad i use games to vent so i take it out on the computer people insted of real people or objects, sadly i broke many a favourite toy of mine when i was a kid. from being mad.

ha i've made like 3 or 4 different post, i'm just throwing my thoughts around.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
ya i know, how do they expect someone to 'train' by playing a game. yea ok, ill learn how to kill people by clicking a mouse and using a keyboard! that effects nothing with shooting a real gun... and think about it, if he really did train from counterstrike, i would expect him to bunnyhop around everywhere and strafing/firing at the same time

as i told airsoft guy over aim: "Every person has the right to be stupid, but some of us abuse that right"

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Boy, ive been playing/watching violent video games since.....since.....since forever. I remember when Doom I and Wolfenstein were the greatest things. Then DoomII came out in 1995 and we didn't think it could get any better. I remember having wars with cap guns/nerf guns/dart guns/ water guns/ and just about any other weopen we could find. We used broomsticks as swords and fought eachother in duels. And it hurt when you got hit too! My dad and other "older gents" speak of days were they carried a pocket knife to school just because everyone else did. They even came up with games to play with them out on old wooden benches and such. There were never any problems with stabbings, shooting, child obesity, lazyness, and rule breaking. My dad said that kids listened to their parents back when he was young. Because back then either you listened or you got hit. It was simple understandable logic. Nowadays mothers are afraid to disipline their kids, they can't even say NO and mean it, they run to the docter everytime the kid scrapes his knee, parents won't let their kids have toy guns, even bright orange ones that just click, kids sit inside and watch television all day. What happened? What happened to the good old days where you went out, found some friends, and played till the street lights came on? I wonder what happened America? Well, I'll get off my soapbox now..........:)

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Here Airsoft guy, read this........I think you would agree 100%

Walt Disney World is coming under pressure to unilaterally disarm by eliminating all flintlocks of mass destruction from Frontierland.

How can you separate guns and the wild frontier? Do the disciples of political correctness think the West was won with an ACLU lawsuit?

I oppose toy-gun control in all its many guises. As a kid, they would have had to pry my Dick Tracy snub-nosed .38 revolver from my dead little fingers. I wore it in a shoulder holster under my coat when I went to Mass, ready to pull it out and blast the priest at Communion.

That's when a boy was a boy, and the game of choice was "Guns."

We ran up and down streets, cutting through yards, blasting away at one another, arguing endlessly because when one guy shouted, "Bam," his intended target didn't necessarily acknowledge getting hit.

"Guns" was an important part of our socialization. "Guns" taught us how to negotiate and set rules.

"Guns" was a transition between the innocence of childhood and the reality of the 6 o'clock news.

"Guns" was a game for everybody, not just those who could throw a baseball or shoot a basketball.

"Guns" got us out of the house, staying active, burning off those McDonald's hamburgers. I recall no problem with childhood obesity then.

And if it was raining out, we played with our Army men, shooting them down with simulated gunfire in the form of finger-loaded rubber bands.

When I recount these stories with people in the aging hippie demographic, many nod enthusiastically because they also played with toy guns before discovering marijuana and pacifism.

None that I know of has crawled into a car trunk with a high-powered sniper rifle and shot strangers. And so I am skeptical of a growing national movement to disarm the children of today.

"Kids play with toys, at least in part, to rehearse for real life," say experts from the prestigious Judge Baker Children's Center in Boston. "As they play store, house, school and firefighter, they're trying on roles and practicing being an adult by using the tools that adults use. Do we want them to practice using guns?"

Well, given the path George W. Bush is setting for our future foreign policy, yes.

Yet Toys "R" Us and eToys have stopped selling toy guns. Something that was completely harmless in the relatively sane society of the early '60s suddenly has become inappropriate and dangerous in the insane '00s.

Kids grab a real gun left out by their parents and shoot it, thinking it is a toy, and it is a toy-gun problem.

A robber uses a toy gun in a heist, and it is a toy-gun problem.

I don't know if it's because of all this, or simply changing generations, but I haven't seen kids running around playing "Guns" in years. If they did, I imagine someone would call 911 and report a gang of armed terrorists invading the neighborhood, and the SWAT team would show up.

And so now many kids fester in their rooms, staring dumbly at a computer screen, eating sugar, splattering foes with cyber guns.

With toy guns, the violence never exceeded our own childish imaginations. Today, those who design computer games and write movie or television scripts fill in the gory details.

Toy guns do not poison minds.

Adults do.

Authored by

Mike Thomas - (407) 420-5525
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow I totaly agree with that. I used to play guns, as I was telling doomsday through AIM, and we had great fun, we got out side got fresh air some excersise, it was great. I loathe the day when all the kids are fat and pasty like me. Hell in a handbasket I tells ya.

·
Registered
811 Posts
why dont the people trying to place the blame on video games, and paintball or whatever the soccer moms are bltchin about this month, place the blame where it needs to be on the parents of the kids that do this crap. maybe if the parents would have given out a spanking or two(not beating them to death but close :D ) instead of "time-out" then these kids wouldnt have been so messed up in the first place. if you let a kid do anything they want thats what they do and they dont have any respect for anything or anyone. and when they kill somebody they all go well he was a good kid except for this. we had this one guy and his brother at my school they were preechers kids. and they were so off in the head back then it wasnt funny. they are both in jail for murder now go figure. guess what they didnt play video games or paintball :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts