Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new comp mouse the other day, it was on sale for $2. I know you usually get what you pay for, but I decided to try it. It was fine, but today while playing CS it starts to stick as I move it. Like the mouse moves but the ball doesn't roll or something so the cursor won't move. It gets very annoying! I tried switching mouse pads, but it didn't help much.

Any ideas/suggestions?

~Jin

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
Unscrew the small screw on the bottom and pull off the top of the mouse.
Remove the ball, and clean off the ball and rollers inside the mouse, then just put it back.

D

·
0 Posts
ahh good ol wireless optical.. how i love you.. and damn right i should love you.. i paid a fortune for you...

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
clean the rollers, and if that dont work, get like 40 bucks together and buy a nice wireless optical. This thing is like the most awesome mouse ever.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
what they said. use like baby wipe to clean off the ball and the rollers. Old tooth brushes work good on the rolers too.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NYY said:
polish the inside of the ball chamber www.ottersccustoms.com/mousehomemods
OMG YOU FIXED IT! I now get 3 more BPS than before!!! Oh wait...

Yeah, I only paid $2 for this mouse (on sale) and I've only had it for 2 days (so the rollers are fine). It's weird, it ONLY sticks when I play CS...Go figure. But I think I will buy an optical mouse at K Mart. They are like $15....Need some money. lol.

Thanks guys!

~Jin

·
Registered
137 Posts
I bought my optical from a local computer store for $10. Works perfect. and it has a light up scroll wheel. :) Im gonna change out the Red LEDs in the mouse to yellow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts