Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question. First off nothin's wrong with my type r and I'm still very pleased with it. On the inside of my buick it's extremly loud, the bass shakes the inside of the car, makes my remote fall from the center console, makes the cologne jump around, and makes the mirrors shake to the point where they are useless. But on the outside of the car, it's not very loud.....wtf??? my buddy's 91 camaro doesn't hit as hard as mine on the inside but is louder on the outside...

I've heard the main ingredient for bass is compression, could it just be that my car is just built so solid that it doesn't really make a whole lotta noise on the outside??? My tercel was a lot louder than that on the outside, but not nearly as loud on the inside.

Answers anyone?

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Unless your a ghetto kinda person you don't want your stuff to be loud on the outside.

To answer your question, your car may be made out of a little thicker sheet metal and may contain more sound deadener. Typically cars like yours are pretty heavy with sound deadener from the factory to keep road/engine noise inside the car to a minimum. The reason all the sound was coming through on your tercel was because those things are pretty much tin cans on wheels with minimal deadener.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you peirced, I understand what ur sayin now. Didn't know it affected inside-outside noise. Thank you 1337, but no thank you. Wtf would i do with a hatchback?? I'm not worried bout beatin the block down...I want my **** to be loud as hell on the inside. Cept now i def need tweeters......can hear voices, but very little tweetin on certain songs.

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
Unless your a ghetto kinda person you don't want your stuff to be loud on the outside.

To answer your question, your car may be made out of a little thicker sheet metal and may contain more sound deadener. Typically cars like yours are pretty heavy with sound deadener from the factory to keep road/engine noise inside the car to a minimum. The reason all the sound was coming through on your tercel was because those things are pretty much tin cans on wheels with minimal deadener.
yup, he's right. When I had my cougar, you could barely hear anything on the outside. But once you got inside, it was a whole nother story.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
K, only thing i need to look into now is a trunk kit, and it may have been the song cuz last night it was really loud outside the car, but my door was open...

anyways, anyone know of a good dealer of dynamat?? somethin to make the trunk stop rattling.

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=52

Cheaper and better than Dynamat. Dynamat trunk kits sell for around $100 and you get 20sq ft of dynamat which comes out to about $5 a sq ft. eDead is $1.60 a sq ft and imo works better. Also a litl tip for whenever you do this, cut out a piece the size of you license plate and stick it to the back of it, that will kill that annoying license plate rattle.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
exactly how much of the metal should stuff like that cover? the entire piece? if so, that would STILL take hours and hours to remove the plastic pieces of your entire car, stick this stuff on, and replace everything.

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
exactly how much of the metal should stuff like that cover? the entire piece? if so, that would STILL take hours and hours to remove the plastic pieces of your entire car, stick this stuff on, and replace everything.
It is a very time consuming procedure, it takes me about 6-7 hours to deaden a SUV. I cover the entire floor cutting out space where needed, the whole door minus any openings, side walls, and trunk/rear hatch. Really it just depends how far you want to go with it alot of people just get the floor done and that alone makes a huge difference.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts