Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every year at RIT we have a soapbox derby, with homemade soapbox cars. This year, my work, RIT Tech Crew, decided to build and enter two teams.

The first team was the "A Team", which built a car that was actually competitive.
The second team, my team, was the "B Team", which turned an EAW Bh-800 subwoofer into a soapbox monster truck. Pictures are below...

The BH-800 being worked on...

Our NAAAAWWWWWSSSS tank...or it might just be an air tank for the horns.

Our real NYS license plate. Also, you can see our sweet suspension set up.

More of the rear suspension. Notice the uni-strut - adjustable suspension!!

Exhaust!

Awesomely loud 130db air horns.

33" tires.

Me in the BH-800 Monster Truck, ready to go! Check out the sweet flag.

My friend Tom doing a bit of welding.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Stenciled up.

Sweet night action shot.

Some more night shots.

Chromed rims.

Chromed suspension.

Our sweet stickers that add like a million HP.

A shot of our totally awesome Kubota.

Our REAL, REGISTERED RIT parking pass. YES, we can actually park this thing without getting a ticket.

The day of the soapbox derby. Getting all our gear loaded onto a train and ready to go.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The speakers were actually hooked up and powered by the generator at the front of the train. You know what that means? Awesomely bad 80's rock music!

Our Gator 6X4.

At the soapbox site.

After our first run - we didn't even make it to the finish line. It doesn't really like to roll, even with a good push by 4 people...

Turning it around so we can tow it back up the hill with Kubota.

The A Team Car
This thing was awesome. SO much fun to drive - rolled really well, and turned on a dime. A lot of fun in the parking lot late at night!

The competition...(we smoked 'em)

My friend Pat waving the "checkered" flag.

Group shot of A Team, B Team, and a few other tech crew employees.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My friend Pat (the one in the pics) basically designed and led the whole project, so he took it home. He has plans to put an engine on it, but if you knew Pat, you'd know it won't happen. He's been talking about building a go-kart for like 2 years, and started to build a bar over the summer that is still sitting around.

-Jin

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's an old subwoofer cabinet...We took the actual driver out of it and used it for the steering wheel.

Check the link I gave at the top of my first post to see a picture of what it looked like pre-pimpifying.

-Jin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts