Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does a lot of today's music kind of suck? And how come drugs and AIDS just had to kill some of the greatest musicians ever? Doesn't U2 suck or is that just me too?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Generally the greatest musicians have problems, from bi-polarism to schizo... I mean the most creative people HAVE ALOT of problems....
Examples
Bradley Noel-heroin-was just an experiment
Shannon Hoon-cocaine-helped him escape can find some of its influence in later albums
Jimmie Hendrix-barbituates and others-was known bi polar and deffinatley a way to escape
Janice Joplin-can't remember what she died of but was depressed I believe well by todays standards
Curt Cobain-Journals clearly state what happened to him despite belief in conspiriacy he felt responsible for almost hurting his child but courtney isn't much better
THE list will ALWAYS EXPAND ON AND ON AND ON

From working in a studio for 2 years during college the most genius people had problems I mean you could notice, ticks, depression, something stood out.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Linkin Park is rather on the sucky song. ALL their songs are remixed versions of their old songs with new lrics. I nver knw there was guitar in their songs, and the singer always screams and he sucks at it.

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Linkin Park: "holy **** guys, since our second CD sucked so much, how about we remix our remixes!1!!one!"

Pussy emo kids: "Omg good idea! Let's all go cut our wrists with butter knives while listening to ****ty remixed songs!!11"

Me: "HARRR! Die emo kids, and Linkin park!"

Anyway.

Music went from "sex, drugs, and rock and roll" to "Being pussies, crying about lost GF's, and slitting wrists".

I reccomend downloading music and to pick up a Velvet Revolver CD. :tup:

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Velvet Revolver owns all emo kid music.

·
More Caffine PLEASE!!!
334 Posts
Beetles, Cream, 10cc, Hollies, The Who, The Guess Who, Queen, Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, Def Leopard, K.I.S.S, are all better than 90% of the crap out today.
Hell, even the Monkeys are better.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Zidane said:
Linkin Park: "holy **** guys, since our second CD sucked so much, how about we remix our remixes!1!!one!"

Pussy emo kids: "Omg good idea! Let's all go cut our wrists with butter knives while listening to ****ty remixed songs!!11"

Me: "HARRR! Die emo kids, and Linkin park!"

Anyway.

Music went from "sex, drugs, and rock and roll" to "Being pussies, crying about lost GF's, and slitting wrists".

I reccomend downloading music and to pick up a Velvet Revolver CD. :tup:
lol FORIZZLE

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Carmas said:
Haha yeah i really dont like Linkin Park... And i hate the singers scream its annoying..
W3RD

well that all depends on wut music u listen to, lloyd banks, young buck, yayo, game,50 im repin 4 them

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
i like old music like zeppelin and sabbath, but i like Slayer, Korn, Slipknot, Static X, Metallica, Pantera, and other newer music too. Not just the old stuff liek most of u hippies

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
pbpro115 said:
i like old music like zeppelin and sabbath, but i like Slayer, Korn, Slipknot, Static X, Metallica, Pantera, and other newer music too. Not just the old stuff liek most of u hippies
seriously, you guys are stuck in the 60s and 70s. just because new music doesn't sound like the old stuff doesn't mean it's crap. n*synkin park is crap because it's anoyying and overplayed

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
GBRudy16 said:
Generally the greatest musicians have problems, from bi-polarism to schizo... I mean the most creative people HAVE ALOT of problems....
Examples
Bradley Noel-heroin-was just an experiment
Shannon Hoon-cocaine-helped him escape can find some of its influence in later albums
Jimmie Hendrix-barbituates and others-was known bi polar and deffinatley a way to escape
Janice Joplin-can't remember what she died of but was depressed I believe well by todays standards
Curt Cobain-Journals clearly state what happened to him despite belief in conspiriacy he felt responsible for almost hurting his child but courtney isn't much better
THE list will ALWAYS EXPAND ON AND ON AND ON

From working in a studio for 2 years during college the most genius people had problems I mean you could notice, ticks, depression, something stood out.
u furgot layne stayley of AiC. he Od'd on a speedball (crack+heroin)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts