Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 98 c platinum pro
i am wondering if anyone has any good suggestions as what to do. i have already added a custom paint job and polished the internals. i am looking for both cosmetic upgrades (such as foregrips, and barrel shrouds) as well as performance and internals. here is a link to a pic of it so farWhole Setup - Random Stuff

thanks
2good

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
I have to say that your 98 looks great. What I recommend is that you get Cyclone feed System or the Tippmann AP 200 Loader (And if you want to, cammo it too). I personally recommend the Cyclone Feed System more since it does not need batteries and is very durable (plus, it has a either a huge hopper or a low profile one, depending on where you buy it), but if your budget is smaller then get the AP 200, it uses AA batteries, it is very effective and is very cheap.

Another thing I recommend is that you get a flatline, but according to some guy I met here the flatlines do help the ball go further away but the ball will not really break after the standard distance, so he recommended a J&J barrel, which is much cheaper and accurate.

I recommend and e-grip if you like multiple firing modes or a response trigger (if you decide to get the Cyclone Feed System is will probably be better to get the e-grip since the response trigger needs to use the gas line that the CFS will use, there is a way to use both but I do not know how).

Finally, a foldable stock and a red dot sight if you use them, if not, then no (if you do you`ll probably have to change your mask since normal mask are made of hard plastic and it would not let you see through the sight, so you will have to get a mast from RAP4 for example, they have nice mil sim mask that are made of soft material so that you can use your sights)

P.D If you are not getting an egrip or response trigger you do not have to buy the loaders I recommended since without one it is not really necessary to use an electronic or CFS Hopper)

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
o wow.....

ok forget the cyclone and the tippmann hopper both are crap, look into something like the magna or halo too, both are much better choices

flatline is a joke, J&J is a good barrel

e-grip is a huge waste of money

forget the stock, use the tank its already there, red dots are useless in paintball

if you want more performance look to get a good hopper, a 4500psi HPA tank and then a mid level marker. you can offten get a mid range for $200 now and if you total up all the things in Max's list it will be more than that

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
if your gunna run an adapter it would be best to go with a cocker barrel since those are the most popular threads

i wouldnt bother getting a spyder in the future since you already have a blowback it would be a side step more than anything

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
as for the barrel, about 90% of markers mid and high end use cocker threads so its a safe bet that whatever you get will be cocker threaded

for what to look into

mini, PR and PRR, F8 and how about the etek 3 and quest for good measure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts