Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm barely getting into this and wanted know what I should get. I'm stuck between JT ProFlex Thermal Paintball Goggles or the Dye I3 PRO Paintball Goggle System. I also decided to buy a used Tippmann A5 when I find a good deal on ebay for one. I was initially going to get a flatline barrel but after reading a bit more some people say that the Apex Barrel is better. So which one should I get? I'm probably going to start off with CO2 and if I really get into paintball, I'll upgrade to an N2 tank.

That's about it for right now unless ya'll think I should get some other accessories.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
is there any way you can go into a paintball store and try them both on? Cuz personally I hate the feel of the I3's, but the proflex Feels good. They'll both perform pretty much the same, so if you could try one on that'd be the best way to go.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
the flatline and apex barrel are both marketing gimmick and overpriced. Buy a $30 J&J ceramics barrel and you'll be much more happy.

I agree with flowbob(yes I'm boycotting your new name as of now)about the masks. it's important for YOU to like it, not somebody else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, can't really try them on since the stores here only have a limited selection. So, a Tippmann A5 with a J&J barrel would be better? And what size, I think they come in different sizes. I'm looking at a few ebay auctions and some of them only have the flatline which I mean I'd like to try if it's thrown in there anyways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts