Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been playing a little while with a tippman 98 custom. I am looking to upgrade, and would prefer to buy used.

I read the thread about good starting markers, but that only spoke of buying new.

My budget is around $250-$300 for a used marker. I prefer repeatable accuracy over BPS.

From what I have read, so far I am thinking of either a used autococker karnivor or an epiphany, but am open to any suggestions.

Thanks for the help :)

Mark

·
Most Likely to Get Gogged
151 Posts
Aiee. You don't want to go with an Autococker unless you're happy to tinker with the gun constantly. They're apparantly good guns, but people say they're unreliable because they always screw something up when they tune them (or don't tune them at all) and that stresses a part etc.
If you look around you can find an Ion and other guns of its level (wait for other members to suggest) for about 200 used...are you buying JUST a marker or an entire setup?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I have no problem tinkering with my marker, so no worries on the autococker from that standpoint.

Why the Ion over the Epiphany?

I'll end up getting a new hopper and tank for the marker I buy, so pretty much a complete setup. If they are included in a used sale, great, if not, no big deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.