Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today during 3rd hour, I found out that one of my friends (we were very close in middle school) was found dead outside of school this morning. He died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. He was found by 3 freshmen walking to school this morning. There was no reason (at least not a very visible one) as to why he did this. His death sent shockwaves through the school, especially my Senior class. Here we are, 3 weeks from graduation - we havn't lost anyone to car wrecks, drinking, anything, and we thought we were in the clear..until this happened. Now the next 3 weeks will be terrible.

I guess my message with this post is please please PLEASE, if you're ever considering suicide, there are people in this world who really do love you, and there are places you can go for help. Suicide is a very selfish way out, and it hurts your family and friends more than you can imagine. Remember, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

RIP Kyle Randall
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
That's terrible :( I hate when people think suicide is the only way to help them. As you said before, there are so many reasons not to and what you can do to help, but people still do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,024 Posts
sorry man, I also lost someone close to my heart from suicide, and it is a very selfish way out. i cant say i havent thought about it, but did i do it? no. its not worth it.
 

·
He gon' get it!
Joined
·
2,799 Posts
It's a shock man, I know, but just eat through it. It will have your community up in arms for a while, but things will eventually come down. It sucks about the graduation thing though...it's crazy, but I know what thats like.

When I was a Sr. a kid had died from heart complications DAY OF GRADUATION...I felt horrible for his family...all the graduation parties they had planned, all the relatives that were in town...



But anyhow, back to you, you said 3 freshman found him on the way to school...does that mean he was outside? Or did they go into his house looking for him because they were his friends or something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Master of Paint said:
It's a shock man, I know, but just eat through it. It will have your community up in arms for a while, but things will eventually come down. It sucks about the graduation thing though...it's crazy, but I know what thats like.

When I was a Sr. a kid had died from heart complications DAY OF GRADUATION...I felt horrible for his family...all the graduation parties they had planned, all the relatives that were in town...



But anyhow, back to you, you said 3 freshman found him on the way to school...does that mean he was outside? Or did they go into his house looking for him because they were his friends or something?
He was dead in a practice shed behind a fire department. The kids were going back there to smoke pot, but they didn't tell the administration that.
 

·
He gon' get it!
Joined
·
2,799 Posts
Pr0ph3t said:
He was dead in a practice shed behind a fire department. The kids were going back there to smoke pot, but they didn't tell the administration that.

Rough...well, the only thing that I can say is good is that his mother didnt find that mess...I hope...unless she got there before the paramedics did.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
12,110 Posts
That would be a buzz-kill... Anyways, If your that depressed, you really need to open your eyes. Just look outside the window. The world is full of beauty in all walks shapes and colors.

Just think of this. When you were how we should say... made... Millions of sperms were released. Only one (or sometimes two or three our four) gets to an egg. You were that lucky sperm. You're one in a million.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,356 Posts
To add to Sam's post-

"We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Arabia. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively exceeds the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here." - Richard Dawkins
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,027 Posts
Been there its gay and it sucks.

Sorry about your friend man, this will probably be on the news tonight I'll try and catch it.

RIP
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,191 Posts
Alpha said:
That would be a buzz-kill... Anyways, If your that depressed, you really need to open your eyes. Just look outside the window. The world is full of beauty in all walks shapes and colors.
That pretty much saved me this past easter because my Uncle (my moms little bro) past away on sunday. I just took a walk outside looking around and stuff for like 3 hours. It's good to be alive. People take that for granted.

Death is hard. Especially from some pointless and stupid thing such as suicide. Definately selfish.

I'm really sorry man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
629 Posts
Why dont you read the thread, then think about what you just said.

Sorry to hear that man, it sucks. All I can say.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,674 Posts
Well at least he didn't take others with him. If he felt the need to end himself than you can at least say he was curteous enough not to bring other people down and out with him. An area school had a kid who walked into a party with a handgun and killed a very pretty girl I had met a couple times. He shot her boyfriend in the arm then shot himself. What a waste of life. Sorry to hear about your classmate.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top