Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
PbF Supp/Beer Expert
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I haven't really been on here in a long long long time but I always used to get advice from my boys here at pbf. I hope everyone is well but I have a career decision I need some help with.

For the past almost 7 months I have been working as a sales manager for a textile company. Hourly plus commission so potential for big bucks but very immature people and sometimes a miserable place to work. The drive is 35 mins without traffic and there is traffic almost every day. But it is a stable F/T job with money coming in even though sometimes I fear for my job here.

I recently got a call for a temporary position with JP Morgan&Chase with much better pay and closer to my house. JP Morgan would look GREAT on my resume but it is only a temporary position and possibly takes some of my life out with it.

What are your thoughts on my current situation?

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Do whatever is reasonable to advance your career. I'm looking for jobs which are a significant paycut, but will help me get started as an electrician. I've go t some money saved up, and am going back to school to get a degree in renewable energy. It's gonna suck pretty hard for a year or so, but after that I should be doing alright.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
I know I haven't really been on here in a long long long time but I always used to get advice from my boys here at pbf. I hope everyone is well but I have a career decision I need some help with.

For the past almost 7 months I have been working as a sales manager for a textile company. Hourly plus commission so potential for big bucks but very immature people and sometimes a miserable place to work. The drive is 35 mins without traffic and there is traffic almost every day. But it is a stable F/T job with money coming in even though sometimes I fear for my job here.

I recently got a call for a temporary position with JP Morgan&Chase with much better pay and closer to my house. JP Morgan would look GREAT on my resume but it is only a temporary position and possibly takes some of my life out with it.

What are your thoughts on my current situation?
TF,

NJ has a lot of pharma companies. Check out indeed.com for listings for pharmaceutical sales reps. Some of the positions only require sales experience (no pharma experience necessary).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts