Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have been thinking about this one idea for some time now...the other for just a few days (but I'm really gonna do it someday).

#1...Take two snowmobile engines and put them in a car. If they are say 800 triples or T cat motors...that's a total of say 300-340hp...which is good for a car anyways. Now think about the weight and power to weight ratios. That is probably way less than half of that of a normal car engine. Think about how damn fast this thing would be...nuts. You would just have to figure something out for a tranny and cooling system and you could do it.

#2...Death wish. Take just one engine this time, and any size could still kill ya. Anyways, get the thing into a go cart. This thing, no joke, could probably do well over 150. Now think about it. Say you use a 800 Twin...in a sled it'll do what? 120 ? Now a sled is 450-500lbs. Putting that in a go cart (thinking about 200lbs, not sure)...hmm. This would maybe be faster than some crotch rockets out there. Also, the dirt/road has much less drag than snow and snowmobiles in general. This thing would literally be a death wish. And I'm gonna build one... :D I'm gonna be taking some engineering and metal working classes in school next year and the year after so I will know what I'm doing. It'll take a while though cuz I don't really have a lot of money...but I figure a few years from now it'll be the baddest toy possible.

Any thoughts?

A

·
0 Posts
my friends go cart probably weighs about 75 pounds in the frame, then add engine weight and body weight and your good. Also, narrow high tires would be real good.

·
Registered
371 Posts
well go- karts rnt that heavy mine is only 80 i think with the engion and its a two person and has roll bars if a go-kart was 200 i probly wouldnt be able to lift it not that im weak but my backs messed up.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know they don't weight that much...but I'm gonna probly end up making a custom frame so it'll be stronger. If I don't, the tourque would probly be too much and twist it all up. But w/ the engine and all the stuff I'd have to do to it to make it work right....the most it would probly weigh is around 200, but it'll probly be much lighter, meaning...MUCH FASTER!!! HEHE. I wish I had the money and know how right now...I think I'm a wee bit nuts.

·
Registered
371 Posts
a wee bit more like totally but who am i to judge im the one thats going to jump my bike off my school roof

·
Banned
546 Posts
PLease,please guys tell me if you build one of the go-karts dont use one of those cheap fun-cart frames. get an actuall race kart frame. those cheap little dirt carts will flip in a heart beat. 5 horse will flip it. so if your gonna do it be my guest just take the appropriate safety measures. And btw a race go-kart frame w/ a 125cc engine and driver together are supposed to weigh 300+ lbs. An 800cc motor will be killer but i have heard of 1000cc crotch rocket motors on them. But remember one thing; a 125cc engine weighs about 50-60 lbs. and it does 0-60 mph in 3 sec. Im not sure but an 800cc engine would hafta weigh150-175lbs. NOW THAT WILL SLOW YOU DOWN A LOT. Just my 2 cents. Peace
also i have attached a kart pic. all pics taken by my father Curtis B. I will post some more

Attachments

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm gonna probly make a custom body, w/ all the stuff nessesary to keep in on all four wheels (or at least two). I think yer a little of on yer engine weight there though...don't think a 800 snowmobile engine weights that much, but I'm not sure. Still, 150 hp in a 200 lb (guessing) thing is just nuts. I'm sure it'd do over 120 no problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts