Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a real paintball suppressor for my Tippmann A-5, but I cannot find a site that sells them. I already know the gun laws on supressors and the tax that has been implimented. Does anyone know a website that sells REAL paintball suppressors?

·
Registered
19 Posts
You cannot legally sell supressors, even paintball ones

Honestly, I don't see the point. If you want your gun to be quiet, well no offense but you chose the wrong gun A5's are loud and proud.

Back to your original question though, you would need to make one and have it approved by the ATF for around $200

I would avoid that and if you want to quiet the a5 down either invest in an LP kit or a different barrel.

Also Woodsballer10, throwing paintballs doesnt work all that well:rolleyes: (i tried it and just left a welt on someone

If you really want to be silent go with a wrist rocket and just make a dump pouch to hold paintballs as a backup, as long as it chronos under field speed, you should be fine

Code

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Go the other way and make your A5 as loud as possible it is easier to do and way more fun. The thinking on silencers is that if they work on a paintball marker they will work on a real firearm so you will never find one new for sale. Now if you are the handy type it doesn't take a lot of effort to make your own I'm sure a dedicated individual could find some readily available instructions. :ninja:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is a wrist rocket? The low pressure kit for the Tippmann A-5 operates at 300-400 psi. That seems high to me but I don't know the opeerating pressure of a stock A-5, do you? I think it's at 800psi but I'm not sure. I know A-5s are loud but it's all I got and I want to make it as quiet as possible any suggestions? Oh and I was thinking about getting a stiffi carbon fiber barrel to reduce noise and increase accuracy.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
A wrist rocket is type of slingshot. The operating pressure of a stock A5 is around 800psi it varies a bit marker to marker. Don't waste your money with a LPK it doesn't help as much as you'd think and once the money is spent you could have bought a way better marker. Stiffis aren't that quiet the carbon fibre gives each shot a distinctive "crack" and I didn't find they increased accuracy all that much at all. Stiffis are all about being light if you want a light barrel you buy carbon fibre if you want a good barrel you can't beat good old metal. A longer barrel will be a lot quieter than a short one so look for something 14"+ and make sure it is full of holes down the sides not just at the end. If you give the air a chance to escape gradually it will be a lot quieter than if it exits all at once out the end.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you really want a quiet barrel, a palmers dual vented brass is the quietest according to Manns barrel test, they are supposedly really accurate as well

If you want some relly cool mods for an A5 run over to The Underground Mod Shop Front Page, also wisit their forum and they can tell you all about the wonders of brass

Hope this helps

Code

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also on Manns Barrel test if you noticed the Stiffi Barrel was MIA and wasn't tested. Do you know where I could find the barrel test info for the Stiffi?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts