Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm out of paintballing for about 4 months now since I tore my shoulder and now I need surgery. Apparently my shoulder is barely in the socket anymore since I tore it at work. Well hopefully I can get better faster then they expect. I have surgery in a week.

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
I was six the first time I had an operation. It wasn't invasive, they just needed to put me under to set my leg, but it was a spiral fracture so it wasn't pretty. It wasn't until years later that my parents told me they didn't think I'd wake up because apparently there is some history of allergic reactions to the anaesthetic they used on me that runs in my family. I broke the same leg again 6 months later, because while the bone had fully mended it hadn't regained all of its strength back.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KingFikiElectra said:
What happened to it? Jeeze....
I tore my glenoid labrum which is like the thing that supports the shoulder and it's tendons and ligaments. I was lifting something heavy and it slipped so I tried to catch it and when I did it just ripped my shoulder out of the socket and tore it all up. They said it isn't a big deal to fix, just three simple cuts and then they put a tack in to hold it in place until it heals itself. Sucks but oh well gotta do it.

Moral of the story: Don't try to grab heavy things that are falling.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Just scratch your ass with the other arm for a while.. It hurts like a mother if you stretch those repairs...
Ice and ibuprofen will be your friends for a while.. Get off the hard stuff as soon as you can.. and drink tons of water as the pain pill will constipate the hell out of you.

Oh.. and get gory pics of the scars as they heal.. I live for that... LOL!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Angered Fists said:
I was six the first time I had an operation. It wasn't invasive, they just needed to put me under to set my leg, but it was a spiral fracture so it wasn't pretty. It wasn't until years later that my parents told me they didn't think I'd wake up because apparently there is some history of allergic reactions to the anaesthetic they used on me that runs in my family. I broke the same leg again 6 months later, because while the bone had fully mended it hadn't regained all of its strength back.
they put u asleep when they set ur break...lucky, i was perf4ectly concious

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MedicDVG said:
It hurts like a mother if you stretch those repairs...
Ice and ibuprofen will be your friends for a while.. Get off the hard stuff as soon as you can.
Oh.. and get gory pics of the scars as they heal.. I live for that... LOL!
I've had surgery before and I have a high pain tolerance so I won't be taking the pills other than for the first like 3 days, then switch to just ibuprofen. I would take pics but I don't have a digital camera and where the scars would be located would be a little hard for me to photograph anyway. lol. I'll do my best to explain the scars and maybe look online for something similar to what I got going on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts