31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ARTICLE TAKEN FROM:
~Dan Blatt
~Endless Paintball
www.endlesspb.com

Nice article Dan!

i found this on a pb site it will probobly help everyone out

Sweet spotting the regulator is not a quick process, but it is easy at least, and integral to an Autococker running at its most efficient. It is time consuming, and requires a good deal of air, and some paint. You also need a chronograph (those handheld radar chronographs are great for this)

The relationship between an Autococker's input pressure and velocity is in the shape of a bell curve. This means that as pressure goes up, so does velocity, but only to a point. There is a point where any more input pressure results in a lower velocity. This is because the excess pressure is causing the valve to shut prematurely, stifling velocity.

Start by turning your inline regulator all the way down to zero psi, also set your velocity adjuster at two turns in from all the way out. Now, increase your pressure slowly while shooting the marker over the chronograph. Adjust your pressure 25 psi at a time, and take five shots (give or take) over the chronograph to establish a velocity at that pressure. Continue this process until the velocity peaks, which is when any increase in pressure will result in a decrease of velocity. This point varies for every marker and is the most efficient pressure setting for your spring set. When the velocity drops, start lowering the pressure (5 psi at a time). The velocity should start to go up again. Gently nudge the pressure lower and lower (using those small increments) until any change, be it up or down, results in a lower velocity.

Now that the regulator is sweet spotted, you need to adjust the velocity adjuster to reach your desired velocity. With any luck, the regulator will sweet spot right around 290 fps. Try not to turn the velocity adjuster in more than half way, as it tends to put too much stress on the spring.

·
Registered
520 Posts
good thread up^

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sticky this PLZ

·
Registered
476 Posts
Also to get your LPR set the easy way to do it is to air up your gun, the lower it all the way so that the gun doesnt even cock, then slowly turn up the pressure until it fully cocks, then turn it about 1/4 turn more and your set.

·
I wanna DM/Autocock Baby
389 Posts
Ur link doesnt work btw dan, i also found the article not be specific enough. Im guessing that ur saying i turn my hpr all the way down and then i put my lpr 2 turns in from all the way out. Then u increase the lpr by 25 psi at a time? All you say is inline regulator and velocity adjuster. From what i know an inline regulator is an hpr. And a velocity adjust is an hpr, because that is also where u adjust your velocity is it not?
But anyways i know an autococker inside and out, i just havent looked up on sweet spotting cuz i havent had the chance to do it yet, have no air. So i shouldnt have a problem reading this post, but if i did, which i did, im betting its gonna be very confusing to any of the new players that try to read your post. The terms hpr and lpr are used by everyone in paintball so why not use those words? No offense not trying to flame or anything, just trying to help 8P

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is a long time after this thread has finished but for anyone reading this thread, it is perfectly fine and works great.
Sparktite who aparently know autocockers inside out actualy knows very little. Everyone who runs a cocker knows the velocity adjuster is located at the back of the marker in front of the back block and is nothing to do with the LPR. The HPR does affect the velocity but is not the velocity adjuster unless you have an MQ2 valve.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts