Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Thats where you hold the trigger in the right spot on a tuned RT and wrech havoc at 15 bps. Once you get the feel for it, you can hit it on a dime.

·
sk8 with paint
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so if i get the 98 custom with response trigger and tune it to where i hold it in one spot it will shoot at least above 10 bps. i need something faster for the style of woodsball which i play.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
enalsisiht said:
ok so if i get the 98 custom with response trigger and tune it to where i hold it in one spot it will shoot at least above 10 bps. i need something faster for the style of woodsball which i play.
IF ya need it faster then 10 BPS I got a few tricks that I can do to improve on the rate of fire and lower the operating pressure. (some of them require that I remachine some parts)

PM me for details or if you have an questions

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Smitty said:
Yeah man the RT ripps, You can get over 10 bps without sweetspotting. There a ton of RT tuning posts around.
how does 17bps sound? :yum

If ya dought me check this only problem was i did it with co2

·
Registered
263 Posts
With my A5, the sweet spot is so easy for me to find.

Everyone else is like "ZOMG I CAN'T FIND THE SWEET SPOT", but I guess I'm weird.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
CustomProDude said:
With my A5, the sweet spot is so easy for me to find.

Everyone else is like "ZOMG I CAN'T FIND THE SWEET SPOT", but I guess I'm weird.

some times it takes a little adjusting to find the right spot for you

·
Registered
11 Posts
yea i also have a R/T on my A5.....i dunno, maybe im not adjusting my gun right but i can't find the sweet spot......i think when i do it'll only shoot like up to 5 balls at a time???? somtimes it'll shoot 2 or 3 burst...is it because im using co2??? HMMMMMMMMMM..... is there a way to tweek my r/t a special way or anybody got hints for me to do it....any suggestions would help...thanks....

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
A full tank of CO2 should rip the RT just fine. I shoot ropes with mine. When it comes to CO2, I only drop down to about 2 shots per pull when the tank is damn near empty. But with HPA I get full response all the way down until the gun fails to recock.

Basically the tuner is a thumbscrew with a locknut. Loosen the locknut. Back the thumbscrew all the way out almost. fire a few shots and tighten the thumbscrew. repeat this until after a shot the RT piston returns firmly against the back of the trigger, give it about another half turn then tighten the locknut. The trigger pull should get a little heavier, that gives you a resistance to balance. What you want to do is, hold the trigger against the resistance basically hold the trigger halfway back and balance it against the pressure. How far you pull the trigger back is the controlling factor on the RT's rate of fire. There is a certain length of trigger pull that runs the RT wide open. Once you figure it out your rate of fire can be whatever you want because you know the different spots to hold the trigger. I hope my rambling was more helpful than confusing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts