Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I decided to take apart my gun and clean it up and noticed that my bolt was getting stuck... i mean... really stuck. I got it out and it seems to be swolen. It's a Spudnuk'l bolt for my spyder esprit and never really thought of this happening.

I had to change back to my stock bolt for now since that's moving nice and smooth. Does anybody have any input for this at all. Generalized ideas and what to do.... Any input is welcome

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
It would shrink while cold, like most things, but if it expands again when it comes up to temperature it could get stuck pretty good.

I have one in with my tools that's crazy swolen. I sand it every now and then when I feel like it and see if it will fit afterwards. It hasn't yet.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
if its stuck like that you can just sand it.

I wouldn't put it in the freezer, most likely it swelled because water is inside it. So if you freeze it, the water inside freezes, then when you take it out it will probably come out later, breaking your bolt. Kinda like erosion on rocks.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Spudnuckl'l bolts are made of nylatron and are not supposed to swell. Having said that, if it has indeed swollen and no longer fits, then you can 1) call spudnuk'l and see if they will replace it under warrantee (good luck, the owner is not the most customer service orriented man in the world -- don't get me started on my troubles with them, nor do I know if they are still in business) or 2) sand it down with fine sandpaper until it fits, or 3) toss it, and get a tigershark bolt for $15.00 and be happy as a lark.

Or quite frankly, the stock bolt is just as good as the spudnuk'l with the only detractor being taht spyder stock bolts scratch the breech like crazy -- but a good polish job with steel wool or very fine sandpaper will alleviate that problem as well.

I have spuds, tigersharks, and stocks, and frankly there really is no performance difference at all between them all other then the nylatron doesn't mar the surfaces that it hits.

Let wm know what happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm going to look into that tigershark bolt and read up a bit. But for now I have my stock bolt in there, been a while but like you said..... it actually isn't that bad.

Anyway. That bolt still seems a bit swolen (before it really didn't even want to move, it was that bad) so it'll sit for a while till it will agree with me and my marker.
Thanks again guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts