Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would you go about to install one in your car? I'm guessing you connect the speaker to the amp then run the wires to the radio or something? I'm looking to working at Circuit City in about a year and a couple months and i'd like to work on those there, so i'm trying to learn from friends and family.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
assuming you mean subs basicly... for a sub install you have to either wire up the outputs from the stock radio, or just hook up rca type for many aftermarket radios. you then run those to the trunk or wherever your amp is. then run wire from the subs to the amp. of course you have to get power to the amp. this is accomplished by a connection at the battery terminal.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
not offhand. crutchfield or however its spelled may have some walkthroughs. google that shi*

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Alright, first drill a hole in your firewall. this is needed to get the power cord of the amp hooked up to the batter. Then, in the amp kit, there are some rca wires. Plug those into the back of your cd player *red to red, yellow to yellow* front to front, back to back, and so on. Then, on one side of the amp there should be some screws that are in rows.... you put the speaker wire in there.

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
I would pull the seats and the carpet out and find a seam in the sheet metal to lay the wire in so theres no bump in the carpet then put the carpet and the seats back

some cars have enough plastic pannels that you can take them off and run them behind those. i have 4g power wire running to my amp the only place you can see it is where it connects to the amp and in the engine compartment i ran it under the carpet

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
what kind of panels? some you have to have a clip removal tool you can get one at a parts store for about $5-$10.some pannes have hidden screws get a haynes manule for you car it will tell you how to remove the pannels. the carpet may be held down with clips and/or glue find a hidden spot and try to pull it up so you can see what you dealing with

1 - 14 of 14 Posts