Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have come to the conclusion that the best band in the world is System Of A Down..... no questions asked... they are the most kick ass hard core thing ever!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya they're first and second cds kicked a lot more ass than steal this album. personally i think the second "Toxcity" is better than any cd ever made

·
Registered
898 Posts
They're ok....their lack of coinciding with the music (the way the singer sounds a step offbeat with the music) makes a lot of the songs worthless after the first time you've heard them. Also, truly, the singer in most songs is just screaming crap. No real meaning....not real good to listen to...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Well.. i like them.. but they arent nearly the best band ever. No band can be the best band ever, because everyone has different taste. I can name a lot of bands that are better, but SOAD is pretty good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dantes - if u thought about it and understood some of the "crap" serj (the singer) is "screaming" then u might like a bit more. a lot of ppl dont like them because they dont know what a lot of there songs mean. they dont understand the lyrics, i just think they should think about it or look for a site that describes the songs so they can get the most outta SOADs music

·
Registered
898 Posts
systmofahdown said:
dantes - if u thought about it and understood some of the "crap" serj (the singer) is "screaming" then u might like a bit more. a lot of ppl dont like them because they dont know what a lot of there songs mean. they dont understand the lyrics, i just think they should think about it or look for a site that describes the songs so they can get the most outta SOADs music
Haha, I can understand what he's saying perfectly. (If I can dechipher Slipknot and Clutch lyrics, I can figure it out.) What I meant was that "Wired were the eyes of a horse on a jet pilot" is just radndom crap that gets old fast. When the singing is repetitive and mostly, no offense, but rambling, it really doesn't make for a good song...maybe one I'll listen to a couple times, but then not feel like listening to it anymore. (By the way, I have their first two CD's, but I only feel like listening to them every couple months or so. Myabe that's because I have about 200 CD's...)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya i have to agree on that one, jet pilot is like their worst most meaningless song

·
Registered
898 Posts
If you enjoy S.O.A.D., you may also like a band called Clutch. Try "And the Mob Goes Wild"

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya ive seen John Dolmayan (SOADs drummer) with a Clutch shirt before

D

·
0 Posts
im fan. have all their cds, rocking music.. not the best, but close to in my opinion, seeing them in concert would be sweet, their music has a lot of energy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i highly doubt SOAD is putting on any concerts for awhile tho :-(

·
Registered
898 Posts
systmofahdown said:
i highly doubt SOAD is putting on any concerts for awhile tho :-(
What? Aren't they finishing up their benefit show? Myabe I confused the dates...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
they had some show they were doing in LA, thats all i remember

D

·
0 Posts
yeah they did a benefit show in LA, but they are chilling for a while before they make a new cd, at least thats whayt i heard

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
its fun to blast when people ARE home too

1 - 20 of 31 Posts