·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it good for a BE?

·
Registered
58 Posts
i have one and used it in one game before i upgraded to a spyder.. i still use it for woodsball. its pretty reliable, i ran about 1000 rounds through and had about 1 chop, and it didnt effect accuracy and thus i didnt really realize it happened. its my favorite mech. gun in my artillery, as i eliminated the other team (2v2 3 hit elimination) by myself in 3 games with out getting hit once... which isnt bad IMO for a 50 dollar gun w/ accessories. i give the gun a 9/10 because it does have some flaws, but its also easy to rebuild after a game, its pretty durable as well, except the feedneck. the elbow likes to pop off the stock hopper alot. it happened to me about 3 times during the games i played with it, but electrical tape fixed that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. I will take that into consideration and find some electrical tape, lol.

·
Registered
58 Posts
other than that i love the gun. its my secondary only because its mechanical... its still going to the field with me this weekend for when my spyder's battery dies.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's really that good? Damn, for a BE that's really fricking good.

·
Registered
58 Posts
its good enough for me.. not a high fire rate gun, but itll do.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can it lay down some good fire?

·
Registered
58 Posts
i was getting about 4 bps because the travel on the trigger is pretty far... the trigger is pretty soft though... its not bad for a mech trigger, and the gun overall is pretty similar to the 98 custom.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really? That's surprising. I never thought of comparing it to the 98 Custom, hmm . . .

·
Registered
58 Posts
look at the bodies... theres differences, but its deffinately made to have people go "ooh, look its like the same thing but a lot cheaper!".. well.. people who dont know anything atleast... but w/e i needed a cheap gun at the time, and i still think its a fun gun. so its good in my book.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright, your opinion is enough for me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
lol.. i keep rambling.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's fine. It's nice to know some facts for once from an experienced player. I've only been playing for about five to sixth months now and I've only used a few cheap Brass Eagle pumps and semis like the Talon and the Tigershark, a few Viewloaders like the Triton and the Voltage and I've used a Tippmann 98 Custom in a short duel.

My brother's the one buying the T-Storm and it's his first gun. I hope it's a good first gun.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i used to play a decent ammount... then i stopped for 4 years, and now im back again.. it should be good for some rec ball, and untill an upgrade can be afforded.. and if you up to a spyder, whatever barrel you use can be used with the spyder... which makes it nice.. im using a brass eagle barrel on my spyder right now since i dont like the stock one.

anyway.. it should be good for a mech. starter gun.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now we have problems with the T-storm. It is arcing and it hurts more than usual, so we think it's a velocity problem. But we just bought it from Wal-mart and have not fooled with velocity.

·
Registered
58 Posts
the velocity on mine was cranked way up when i got it.. since i wasnt on a field when i first used it, i did it side by side with a chronographed gun till i got it close.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ah, so that's the problem then I suppose. I was using my Pro Carbine and my brother Wayne was using his T-Storm, and he starts firing and they're arcing all around me and like three hit me and I light him up, miss like two times out of eight shots.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i have a spyder. and the brass eagle actually gave me less problems at the field. my ASA and my lines came loose on the spyder, where as the brass eagle had a ball chop once that made it hard to shoot because the paint slowed the balls down. oh and viewlover.. checkout the sale at actionvillage.com if you want a jt sports (same brand) e-trigger gun.. ones on clearance for 40 bucks, and its pretty rad.. i bought one.. lol (now i have 7 guns)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts