Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a new drop forward for my 98c. how exactly should i go about taking off the asa from the hose?

·
Registered
201 Posts
get some pliers and a wrench...make sure you cover your asa with a cloth or something if you don't want to scratch it...might take a bit of time to pry it off

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Easier to break the line free while it is still bolted onto the gun.

Use a proper sized wrench to break the air line loose only at the bottom., or if you are adding a new line break it loose at the top as well. Once the line is loose, take out the two hex screws from the bottom of the grip. Take off the ASA and then un twist it from the air line.

Put your new gear on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so far nothing. i used a 7/16" wrench and it suceeded in only tearing down the fittings to the hose. is there anything else i can use?

·
Registered
32 Posts
by tearing down the fittings do you mean the octagonal nut? If that is badly damaged the only thing you can do is send it in to tippy and have them put a new octagonal nut thingy on it. If not, then try using one of those wrenches with the adjustable head so you can make the nut fit better into the head. Other than that, maybe a table vise gripped on the asa and use a crescent wrench on the nut.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
To get the Air lineoff of my stock ASA I hade to frist heat it up with a lighter to break the locktite. After that it was an EZ task.

On a side note: What is up with Tippmann Being so liberal with the Locktite on there guns?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Heh it really depends on how much loctite the assembler used. I boiled and heated mine several times and still couldn't get the loctite to loosen. If you really can't get it off and end up messing up the screw just send it to tippy. It didn't take them long to send it back. I sent mine out on a thursday and got it back the following monday. They work pretty fast and I was really glad, cause I had a game on wednesday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts