Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, can someone describe wat tanks are like, do they move, how big r they, where do u shoot out of, do they have a turret...

also r there any other things other than people and paintball guns???

·
to lazy to change avatar
1,777 Posts
well, it really depends on the scenario. Some scenarios are bigger than others with different tanks. But I think at O.K. D-day they have guns on eather side and I think they shoot out nerf balls or something (dont remember).
Other than that, I've seen bazookas, mortors, and grenade launchers.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
Tanks vary widely depending on how much money a person puts into it. I've seen tanks that are nothing more than EZ-Go's with camo netting on it and holding a driver and another person that shoots with the paintball marker in their hand. I've also seen tanks that are cars with hydraulic turrets (which is as true to a paintball tank as you can get).

Since there is no 'standard' tank design, it's all homemade and that's part of the fun- having a relatively unique tank that you can take into scenario games.

Then again, there's the Tippmann Hellhound...that's basically a pimped-out go-cart with grenade launchers, paintball gatlings and all-terrain capability. Truly an awesome piece of work! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you're really interested in paintball tanks, I think the best site is Armored Fist but you could say that I'm a bit biased about it. :cool:

Here's a shot with 6 of the 7 tanks that were at Skirmish D-Day last weekend, it gives you a rough idea of how wide the range is between paintball tanks Skirmish Tanks

This is a shot of my wife up in the turret of our Panther tank Dawn/Panther

·
Banned
318 Posts
tanks are just awsome, rideing in one is just even better. Tanks really sum up a scenrio, without them, scenario ball would suck. but there are alot of rules depending on what scenario your playing, Tank rules....to many of them

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
eh last scenario i was at was fun, but tanks didn't play a big role, and it can be the same with alot of scenarios. tanks can make or not make a game, or ruin one hehe not likely. yea tanks are pretty much can be a old car with gun slots to shoot out of, a turret or cannon, They can shoot nerf or shotgun load(25 paintballs). Some can be a go cart with just a gunner, or a walker tank where the crew actually use their own strength and body to move the thing. there is alot of tanks out there, but with insurance getting picky they'll be a big push to make all tanks to be made from road legal vehicles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts