Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
lmao at the dont tase me bro part.

This video was retarded. This was not police brutality, I am sure they were told do do this, by someone, probably Kerry or someone on the Kerry team, using those hi-tech microphone thingies.

Yah, that was way out of line. The kid did nothing wrong.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I think its old news, the cops are assholes and society is self centered enough to speak out about what was happening only AFTER the cops were taking him out of the room.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I posted a comment about that on some youtube video.

There is a cell phone video of what really happened on youtube and I am glad I saw that. CNN only showed shots of the man resisting and being tasered.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
This comment sums it up
Youtube Comment said:
The students at the event were Gutless cowards who have never been educated or informed on what Freedom Means and how the Constitution is Designed to protect that freedom, ONLY IF the People exercise those rights and stand up for them when they are attacked. America 07' has turned into Paris Hilton , OJ obsessed Nation of Morons
The vid: YouTube - Re: UF Student tasered at John Kerry Speech

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
I was extremely disturbed after watching the videos of the assault. Annoying or not, no American citizen should be brutally attacked for asking a question and/or presenting his own opinion.

One of the videos I watched showed him surrounded by cops in the lobby. He was asking why he was being arrested and none of the cops would tell him. Eventually one cop told him he was being arrested for "inciting a riot".

Absolutely sickening. The only thing that should have started a riot was the actions of the ****ed up campus police.

That being said, the fact that Kerry did not comment or step in by any means is disturbing. Someone as high up in American politics as he is, of all people, should have been the person to defend the rights of an innocent American civilian. Or at least that's what we would like to think.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Hahaha Aaron, in that video you posted, when he said "..****ING TASERED" I lost it. That was hilarious. Also in the original, Andrew Meyer says "There are people that know I'm here, you cant just like, kill me"

That was pretty funny too.

Somethings in the videos may be funny, but I think this is pretty ****ed up. I noticed Kerry say a few words trying to calm these people down. He even said "Officers.. Officers.." at least once. They wouldnt even let him sit down. He continued to ask why he was arrested, and someone already said, they told him it was for "inciting a riot".

Every video clearly shows, Andrew Meyer started no riot.

This is up there with the CAD almost passing out USD.

:maybedodgy:

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
My history teacher was saying something about it but I forget... I heard the police men warned him and stuff because he only had a however long he could be up there. He wasn't asking questions he was like making statements and stuff... I think that is what she said I am not sure thizough

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Your history teacher is taking the wrong side of the argument. The guy was not clearly warned, if he was warned at all. I have watched many videos on this from many different angles. The officers just stood there, and then he asks about skull and bones, and they look at each other, then take him away. I would be just as confused as he was if I was arrested. He continued to say that he was presenting information before asking his question, and worked his questions into his little speech. He did ask questions, and they had no right to arrest him.

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
Your history teacher is taking the wrong side of the argument. The guy was not clearly warned, if he was warned at all. I have watched many videos on this from many different angles. The officers just stood there, and then he asks about skull and bones, and they look at each other, then take him away. I would be just as confused as he was if I was arrested. He continued to say that he was presenting information before asking his question, and worked his questions into his little speech. He did ask questions, and they had no right to arrest him.

Who are you to say that his teacher is taking the wrong side of an argument? Were you there? Do you know what happened prior to the man being tazered? History has proven that no video at any angle will give the COMPLETE truth of a situation. Unless the camera happens to be rolling 24/7 and the man who was "assaulted" was followed from the time he stepped out of his car you will never fully know what led up to this. I have not even watched the video but I have high suspicions that it is just another PR case so the plaintiff can sue and make millions. Secondly, are you aware if the man is on state or private property? Free speech is not necessarily allowed in all places as it can cause a mob mentality and incite a riot. The fact is all the man would have to do is refuse to leave or even be quiet when he was told by the officers (even only once), and he is guilty of disobeying and order of a state-sanctioned peace officer. Police have the right to tell you to leave, or to be quiet if you statements put others in jeopardy. The STATE and CITIZENS give them this power to protect the rights of ALL people. If you don't like it vote in someone who agrees with YOUR point of view. Fact is roughly half of the people are age even bother to vote. And if they were on private property, guess what, you have absolutely NO RIGHT to freedom of speech. The property owners, or the security they employ and trust can force you to shut the hell up when ever they feel. Don't like their rules then leave. If you choose to disobey them and not leave you are guilty of trespassing which is also a crime. Moral of the story is don't believe everything you see as even videos are easily swayed or biased.

my .02

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Kerry wasnt even there, so put that on the ****ed up list.
What? Kerry was there... it was an open forum to ask Kerry questions.

The guy was annoying as hell, but it seems clear to me the police went way over the line.

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
Okay I just watched the video and the subject was warned many times to keep his comments brief and on topic. When he started on his rant about Bush he made statements in order to get a reaction out of the crowd and Mr. Kerry himself. He disobeyed these orders from the police officers.....which is why they attempted to take him into custody. When he tried to resist he was guilty of resisting arrest which is a misdemeanor in itself. Police do not owe the man an explanation. They were doing their job and effectively neutralized a volatile situation.

YouTube - UF Student tasered at John Kerry Speech

That video starts a little before yours. Notice that the man is warned numerous times.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Who are you to say that his teacher is taking the wrong side of an argument? Were you there? Do you know what happened prior to the man being tazered? History has proven that no video at any angle will give the COMPLETE truth of a situation. Unless the camera happens to be rolling 24/7 and the man who was "assaulted" was followed from the time he stepped out of his car you will never fully know what led up to this. I have not even watched the video but I have high suspicions that it is just another PR case so the plaintiff can sue and make millions. Secondly, are you aware if the man is on state or private property? Free speech is not necessarily allowed in all places as it can cause a mob mentality and incite a riot. The fact is all the man would have to do is refuse to leave or even be quiet when he was told by the officers (even only once), and he is guilty of disobeying and order of a state-sanctioned peace officer. Police have the right to tell you to leave, or to be quiet if you statements put others in jeopardy. The STATE and CITIZENS give them this power to protect the rights of ALL people. If you don't like it vote in someone who agrees with YOUR point of view. Fact is roughly half of the people are age even bother to vote. And if they were on private property, guess what, you have absolutely NO RIGHT to freedom of speech. The property owners, or the security they employ and trust can force you to shut the hell up when ever they feel. Don't like their rules then leave. If you choose to disobey them and not leave you are guilty of trespassing which is also a crime. Moral of the story is don't believe everything you see as even videos are easily swayed or biased.

my .02
As I was typing that I thought it was the wrong way to say it but didn't feel like restating it. That was more of an opinion rather than a statement. Maybe I should have said, "In my opinion, your teacher is taking the wrong side of the argument." In saying that though, I do acknowledge that there are indeed more than one side to the argument. I wasn't aware that a University was not public property, although it could be assumed.

I am only 16, I can't vote yet. And of course videos can be swayed and/or biased. I watched many different videos. I tried to watch un-edited cellphone videos so I could see what REALLY did happen, but I had to watch more because quality sucked. I did not use the videos that were copied from the TV to influence my stance. I used only videos showing what happened.

I agree that the man should have of kept quiet (to an extent). It is hard to argue he is in the right when he is screaming and resisting arrest. He should have of taken the arrest, and then after arrested he could have of made a scene.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts