Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,515 Posts
i did sumthin like that exept i just told people to touch one part of the camera and they all got shocked...gulible pieces of ****s
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,903 Posts
im thinking of doing this, but can it hurt somebody who has a good heart thought, because i know you can buy like shocking pens and stuff, and im guessing this is about the same. i just dont want to do it and end up really hurting somebody
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
should be fine, longer you hold the button the harder the shock...like the guy in the last of the movie...that hurt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,903 Posts
did the guy say anything important during the video, because my comp has no sound, so i pretty much just have to by what i see. i think im going to pick a camera up tomorrow.

EDIT: we should ask medic about this, or is anybody an elctrician
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
idk, ask medic about heart thingy cause i dont wanna be responsible even tho it should barely even hurt...dont think he says anything important
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,903 Posts
well i know its going to hurt more than a little, but i really dont htink its that dangerous, because even those shocking pens and lighters say dont do it on small children or people with a bad heart. my mom has a disposable camera and i just have to htink of a reason for her to let me use it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,903 Posts
feel the power. damn i just gave myself one hell of a shock. wow. i was attempting to take the cover off of the flash, and thats when it got me. thats witht he battery out. i tried to drain it all ahead of time but it wouldnt go.

EDIT: HOLY ****! omfg. do not do this. i was just touching two parts on it and it would shock me since this camera is totally differant. and i finally found what two parts to touch ot make it work. it was on the circuit board. and i touched them and it was liek a shock and a burning. so i touch the parts with my knife to see if it would spark. and then BANG that mo fo blew up. so the part of my circuit bosard is all black, along with another part that it went throught. and my knif has a nice burn mark in it. DO NOT DO THIS. if i would of touched that, i would of had a chunk of my finger moving and a bad ass burn.

EDIT EDIT: and btw that was without the battery

the black part on the board isnt supposed to be there, it started off a light color and got darker until it was totally black.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,351 Posts
lmao

Yeah theres a capacitor. Ur not suppost to charge the camera before u take the batterey off. Or u can drain it. The capacitor always gets ya.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,903 Posts
ya, it just kind of made me jump. my mom heard something so she came out all worried, lol. i know what caused it to blow up though, when i touched the knife to it it must of crossed two parts that aretn supposed to touch, causing the bang. but if my hand was close enough it could of been bad. so do this with caution thumup:

That was without the battery in it and shocking me a few times before, i attempted to drain it first, but i couldnt figure it out, so i ended up using myself to drain it, lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
873 Posts
IANAEE (I am not an Electrical Engineer) but I doubt that this would cause any heart problems. Although the voltage is extremely high, the low amperage combined with the probes being so close together would prevent a lethal dose. Just be sure not to modify it with longer wires. If someone were to hold one wire in each hand or a foot, the shortest path through the body would be close to the heart.
 

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
Joined
·
17,772 Posts
God.. I am going to be paranoid as hell now of "tourists" on airplanes with these damn things..

In terms of the heart thing, you would have to get the current to pass through the myocardail tissues - basically with that setup that would mean being extremely close to or in contact with the myocardium. If that were to happen, you could very well kill someone. When doing open heart defibrlation, the paddles are charged to like 20 joules. In closed chest defibralation, most of the energy in those 360 joule shocks with a Paddle type defibrilator is absorbed by the muscular and bony tissues the electricity must travel through in order to get to the heart.

So the actual likelyhood of doing harm to anyone this way is fairly small.

But this could also be used as a detonator as well... think about that... Just a small blasting cap and you have a device that will blow the hand off an unsuspecting "photographer". Maybe we can get Castro that way.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top