Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
that was on the news...the teacher got arrested or something

i see where the teacher is comin from...the anthem should be respected, but i would do the same thing that the kid did if the teacher flipped out

·
Almost leet
1,999 Posts
pssh the country has gone to a bunch of p***** (cats)

·
12,110 Posts
I say teh pledge of alegiance every day, and even though I really don't believe in god, I still say under god. I could just pause right ther adn say one nation indivisible.

But I hate it when kids sit down during the pledge of alegiance.

The National anthem is, however, a whole nother story. I can see people not wanting to say the pledge of alegiance becuase maybe they dont want to pledge alegiance to their country. But standing when the national anthem is played is paramount.

Whistling, I might be able to understand if your watching a parade or something of that nature.. Like if your listening to the song for fun (I do.. Download the anthem by Boston, and by Jimi Hendrix, two great songs).

The teacher doesn't need to raise his voice like that. I'm not sure if the kids did something before the vid started, but he was wrong for being a prickhole in the first place.

·
Anne Coulter's #1 Fan
4,291 Posts
Alpha said:
I say teh pledge of alegiance every day, and even though I really don't believe in god, I still say under god. I could just pause right ther adn say one nation indivisible.
You have a flag hanging up in your room I bet...
...I have one too... but it's been dun turned damn near upsides downs

·
12,110 Posts
When you fly a flasg upside down, it means you need assistance due to an emergency.

I don't mind protesting, but it relaly REALLY ****ing tucks me off to see people burn on, adn stomp on flags, when they are in fact Americans themselves. Even internationally.

You can disagree all you want, adn I'll fight to the death your right to disagree with me, but don't do it in a manner that is disrespectful to others.

Flags and national symbols are sort of like "sacred" things. They are big symbols, adnw hen you desecrate adn vandalize adn destroy one in a publicly humiliating manor, it is just showing that you have no maturity, and that you lack basic respects that ALL people deserve.

I dont care if your in support of democrasy, communism, monarchy, or if your Iraqi, North Korean, or whatever. I respect your opinion and views, and I'm always open to learning more about your ways adn why you feel that way. Likewise, I'd like to teach you about how I feel and my opinions, in a respectful manor.

ITs just that these punk rocking ***** ass kids who think they're the most badass rebels to walk the hallways of their highschool piss me off. Believe in what you want to believe, and say what you want, just do it in a respectful manor, and don't infringe on other people's beliefs.

EDIT: And yes, I have one flag hanging in my room, one hanging from my door, one outside my window, one downstairs in front of the house, and multiple ones folded up aruond the house.

Every year my uncle takes a bunch of disabled war vets on a trip to an island to have a picnic and play some games and stuff. They always buy us a new flag to fly (on a boat you need to fly a flag going out of port) every year.

The ones that we've used adn replaced wern't too bad, so when they fold it up, I get to keep it. I've volunteered for it the last 10 years. SoI've got about 10 flags that are still in fit condition to be flown.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
hey payback-do you listen to dwyer and michaels? i do every morning before school...funny stuff

where in Illinois do you live...PM me or something

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Lemme give you a little story.

when my parents were in their mid 20's they had me and my brother to take care of, and they were still going to school and working at the same time. Then a couple from America flew into russia (soviet union at the time) because they claimed to be communists, and wanted to escape the evils of capitalism. To make a long story short, this couple quickly realized how horrible life under communism is, and went back to America only 2 months later.

The point of the story is that you cant get any better than America. You are SPOILED with freedoms and rights here, and its a shame that most people dont appreciate that.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
2ffu said:
i'm gonna freak dance at the next football game

go ahead, show your ignorance, and prove that you are simply another immature high schooler.

hater

brilliant....

why?

its a musical symbol of what our founders gave to give you and me this country. it isnt about politics or what beliefs you have, it is about the Revolutionary War and the incredible sacrifice that they gave to give us America.

Now im sure janiboy meant to say the Pledge of Allegiance and not the anthem...so ill continue.

“I pledge allegiance to the Flag
of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which it stands,
one nation under God, indivisible,
with liberty and justice for all.”

so we are pledging our allegiance to the symbol of our country. sounds pretty good so far.

And to the Republic for which it stands....meaning government right? Dont like Bush? has nothing to do with the Republic for which the flag stands. Just cuz your candidate(s) arent in office doesnt mean you should dislike the Republic, that would make you a hypocrite, and a typical cynical American.

One nation under God? Ive seen you have jewish pride stuff in your avatar, and Jews believe in God, so i dont see the problem there.

Indivisible, we are United. With liberty and justice for all....still not seeing a problem.

·
i am fattie
505 Posts
i gut a flag to , but it aint american :naughty

1 - 20 of 89 Posts