Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Teardrop is priced at 59.99 and the Progressive is 49.99 (both canadian). Im planning on getting a 12" or 14" and from reading around a bit on the forums Teardrop has some positive feedback, but Ive heard little about Progressive ones. Any feedback?

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Old or new Progressive?

Cause if yu wait a little smartparts is goint to be redoing the Progressive to be like the tear drop and a new barrel called the Linear

But if want one now i would got for the tear drop cause that I what I got on my 98.

·
Registered
39 Posts
From what I understand the only difference between the two is that the porting on the teardrop is shaped like a tear to cut down the noise. The progressive's porting is drilled straight through. Personally, the noise that comes from the barrell is next to nothing. The Progressive is fine for me.

·
Registered
533 Posts
They are the same barrel!

If you look closely at the Teardrop porting it is just partially shaved around the actual ports to make them LOOK LIKE tear drops. Look closely - its still a simple straight through perfectly circular port.

I like mine alright, it groups better than a stock barrel for sure and I get good range with it. 14" Teardrop

Progressive is the same, just less stylistic. Teardrop is $10 more for the flare IMHO.

·
Registered
559 Posts
They're both the same. And to answer your question... NEITHER, THEY SUCK. I have one on mine and belive me you shouldnt have to pay for this barrel. Get a j&j they run about the same price ant they are way better than a progressive or teardrop.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I would go for the Teardrop over the progressive I have seen more people have trouble with progressive then with a Teadrop barrel. Personally I dont like either IMO.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Baroque-Urban said:
I would go for the Teardrop over the progressive I have seen more people have trouble with progressive then with a Teadrop barrel. Personally I dont like either IMO.
thats funny because theyre the same barrel. i wonder how that works? :shrug:

its all about paint to bore match. i suggest getting a used CP 1 piece or J&J ceramic from the nation though, cuz itll be around that same price, for a better quality barrel.

·
Pedobear Supporter
2,526 Posts
If you are set on one of those two, get a Progressive. Same thing, less expensive. I wouldn't get either, though, I'd get a CP or a J&J

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
Go with whatever you can find for a lower price. Performance wise, they are the same exact barrels. They just look different.

I like CP barrels more though. New CP Classics (1 piece) are usually around 40 bucks (USD).

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yeah I'd say whatver one is cheaper, if you can find a cp for around the same price go with it. It looks better and performs better. I had both and liked the cp a lot better.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Wow - people are just dragging the progressive and teardrop through the mud!

Surely they are not the best out there - but as far as stock replacement goes well, they beat the sh*t out of the stock barrel. Mine improved my grouping and range - I don't see why they are "bad barrels".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts