Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, well my estimated ship date was tomorrow. However, Monday night, it was in transit to Meridian, MS. So I'm like kewl, it'll be here today. Well, I get home from school, no packages. Bout 15 minutes go by, and I go outside to smoke a cigarette. What do I see??? UPS man!!! Mind u, he's carrying my system, 380.24 dollars worth of merchandise, and I'm not so sure of my neighbors' honesty. Well...He doesn't stop at his usual spot, instead he backs up closer to the neighbor's trailor. So I start walking towards him, and he has a BIG box. SO then, like a lil kid I ask him if he has anything for me. He told me "not today, just something for them. :( <- Me. Well then, I'm like ;0 :confused: take a nother puff, and then ask him if it's from techronics. He pauses, and says "U Jon *******?" Me-Yeah that's me. Him-:yikes and me: :mad: Well, we get it settled, it was MY ****, and like i said, dunno bout neighbor's honesty. It's not even a factor of race b/c they are white, just don't know.

Anyways:

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Anyways, I get out of school at 11:33 tomorrow, so I'll drop the woofer off at selective audio around 11:45 or so so they can start on the box and when I come back after pickin up my g/f and lettin her change around 1:45 and let thim do everything else.

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
Nice setup. I had two Type-S 12s hooked up to a Fosgate 351M amp. Alpines sound great-very clean. You'll like em'

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks punk, and 1337, care to explain?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Uh..........u may be thinkin of the thread 1337 made but I've never been on welfare and mummy and daddy's pocketbook don't buy none of my stereo stuff, I work for my own money so that I can not only buy my self nice **** but also spend money on others too. *Cept for this marks the time I start savin for an apartment when i get hired on as an electrician after job shadowing/training in July*

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the box is being built to alpine specs. and i was just throwin it out there so no one could go omg, racist!!!!!!!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, after 3.5 hours of waiting, they finally got my car finished today. I was sittin in the shop readin car magazines, lookin at woofers, speakers, and even listened to some rick james on an indash dvd player. Then, bout 3:20 or so, I hear a little beatin. So I step outside, and I see the alpine sittin in a ported box. They quoted me 150 for ported so I'm like oh ****, this gonna be xpensive. But luckily the guy cut me a deal and did it for a hundred. But Eventually, they tuned the amp/head unit and it started hittin. Hard. I was standin several feet away and could feel the bass even with trunk open standing from the back. Everyone in the shop must have approved cuz everyone who worked in it sat in it and kinda nodded their heads and I heard several good comments on it. Then we walked back inside and the guy told me he loved the way alpines sound, approving the system as well. I'll get more pix up later, but the place that did it is an authorized dealer of a lot of products and several of their low riders have been cover shoots for 'mini truckin' style magazines. So it was all professional.

One question tho, the port in my box, it's not a pvc or bandpass style. It goes almost all the way to the back of the box, then there is like an inch or so space between the wall...hold on...

Box is spec size, my paint drawing, but can someone explain what kind of porting this is????

The image on the left is a top view, the right is a front view.

Overall, i'm really impressed. Never seen an amp mounted on the rear deck, but hey, whereever works. *Seen just a peek of speaker wire, and I was like wtf.........WARE MA AMP GO???* called the place and they told me where it was just so i'd know. Don't plan on messin with it any.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol, no i just starred it out
Amp mounted to rear deck

Subwoofer in box

Partial shot of port and speaker wire

amp kit's hidden spot

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
I'm picking up my Punch P3 this weekend. $199 at bestbuy but my friend is buying it for me with his discount and it's only $87 for him.

Plus I'm getting a $125 Q-Logic ported box for like $45 through him.

Ballin. Dunno what amp to run though. Whatever the pawn shop has I guess.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh yeah, it sounds damn good, they do a very professional job and the box is exactly to specifications. Only thing I'm against is the fact that the ported box hurts certain frequencies, but he said the ported would be a lil louder on all others, which is why i had it done ported. Slams extremely hard. I showed out two type e's the other day, the dude was flippin out and was like "dude them type r's beat retarded yo! I wanted one a dem in ma car but i aint have 300 for a woofer. That **** would slam in my car* big wigger, but I got the approval so....

anyways- a dude that used to go to my school has a mazda tribute with a wall of 6 solobarics, 4 batteries, 2x2000 w kicker amps, and capacitors. He drives around with ear muffs on and can sit behind the gas station with his system on 9 and knock **** off the shelves. That is ****ing rediculous bass right there, he can't even hear the reg music. Atleast he's taking safety precautions by wearing ear muffs.

edit: how long before i stop smelling the glue????? *they used it in a few places such as carpet w/ i dunno else, but the smell is annoying.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sory for double post but 1337, why get a nice sub/box combo and then bottom out on the amp??????

techronics has some damn good deals, my set up cost me 572 installed *would have saved a lot more if i could have found a good box online and done the install myself* as opposed to 856 for in shop prices.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Bottom out on the amp? Pawn shop gets in VERY nice stuff. My last amp was a Polk Audio which retailed for $449.. I don't cheap out on car audio bro. I'll probably run an MTX amp for now just for financial reasons.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts