Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Tell me what I have.

2K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  Eaglefan33 
#1 ·
I am just recently getting back into paintball after taking about 10 years off. I bought this gun and tank off eBay for a total of $120. The description when I bought it said it was an Ion XE Freak. After doing a little research, (it didn't come with any manuals) I'm beginning to wonder if it is, in fact the XE. Here's a couple of pics. If you need more please let me know. I do know that if I press the programing button under the grip, either a red or green light blinks by the power button. Thanks for your help, and I'm looking forward to becoming an active member of this forum.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That is not an Ion XE

It's a regular Ion
I would talk to the seller and demand that they let you return it and refult your money 100% for false advertising or threaten to contact their local authorities

The gun there, while a decent performer, is such a PITA to maintain that I'd rather look for a different gun

See if you can keep the tank and the barrel though

#3 ·
You have confirmed my suspicions. I believe that the seller had no idea what they actually had, they were a pawn shop that sold their goods on eBay. For only spending $120 for the gun AND the tank I don't rally think it's worth the complaining and hassle for a return. Now that I know it's not the XE, what should I purchase to upgrade this marker?

#5 ·
Upload a picture of the tank label and any re-hydro test badges on the bottle. That will determine if you did well or not.

#7 ·
Tanks have a 15 year lifespan. :)

#9 ·
Correct, but if the bottle is only good for another year or two he didn't do nearly as if the bottle has 5-10 years left.

#11 ·
Thanks for your responses. Here's a couple pics of the tank, I think it does need to be hydroed again, looks like it was maybe manufactured in 05 and requires every 3 years, just guessin bout the 05. I finally was able to get some air and went to fire it today and it just isn't right. I disassembled it to clean and lube it and it started shooting, but not correctly. I noticed that it has a Virtue Board if that makes any difference. when I say "not correctly" I mean when I pull the trigger it just kinda pfft,pfft and then fires. I have no manual, so any help will be appreciated. MODS- if this thread needs to be moved into a help section, feel free. Thanks

Attachments

#12 ·
Your bottle has just over 10 years of life left. Other than it being a 3 year test cycle you have yourself a quality bottle. :tup
Are there any other badges on the tank? If not it needs to be tested.

Change your battery and try again.

#17 ·
Eagle, does your board have a screen?

#19 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.