Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,312 Posts
YA, THATS SAD. she's in the vegatative, but she was coming out. her husband was being a dick, and won't let her live. He's also been living with another woman for the whole time.

How sad, supreme court. :( What a dousche. i heard someone offered him like a million dollar's to give guardianship to the parent's but he refused saying "it was her wish".

:mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Screwedupmonkey said:
the husband is a ****ing douche, hes been married to another woman, with to children, i doubt he even cared very much about her. Parnets should have had guirdianship.
She's been in persistent vegetable state since the early 90's. She's basically dead, but her body is still here and (slightly) working.

He did stay with his wife for quite some time, but then he moved on.

Also, tell me something. Would you stay with your wife for 14-15 years if she was in persistent vegetable state?

Your rebuttal?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,516 Posts
What the **** would you do if you were in the situation...im not even going to go into this because i probably couldn't explain why i hate this whole issue in one post...so i won't.

yes it is sad that she died but i really don't think it was really doing anything keeping her alive. If you were in her situation wouldn't you want someone to let you go???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vpraidersfan1 said:
YA, THATS SAD. she's in the vegatative, but she was coming out. her husband was being a dick, and won't let her live. He's also been living with another woman for the whole time.

How sad, supreme court. :( What a dousche. i heard someone offered him like a million dollar's to give guardianship to the parent's but he refused saying "it was her wish".

:mad:
She was not coming out. Almost all her brain matter is mush.

Oh, it's so sad when people use their rights. :rolleyes: You do know she wanted to die if this happened right?

When he refused the million dollars it showed his determination.

Seriously, you all need to look around you and stop getting the information from your parents.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Screwedupmonkey said:
im saying i really dont think it should have been his choice, he moved on with hhis life, and should have left the desicion to the parents, just my opinion
It was HIS choice. He still had legal rights over her, and tried to remove the feeding tube in 2001. But alas, his in-laws couldn't/can't handle the truth.

Just wanted you to know.
 

·
Cunning Linguist
Joined
·
2,273 Posts
What $1 000 000? Someone offered him a million to keep her alive? Hell if I was a paraplegic I would want it to be over. My mobility is my life.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,258 Posts
noob you've been doing alot of reading on this and you've got your facts straight. I agree with you 100%. Most of you are too young to get that once you are married you tell your spouse things you'd never say to your parents. Example, your wishes if you should ever end up brain dead, being an organ donar, if you want to be buried or cremated.

I wouldn't expect for Chris to stay with me for 14 or 15 yrs if I was in a state like that. All it would do is destroy him. I think her husband stayed with her alot longer than I would ever expect chris too. No one should ever be put in that situation, but you can't say what you would do, unless you're in it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,736 Posts
Aggression said:
If you saw the new episode of South Park last night, it will give you a good perspective on the situation.
i was looking at the thread on pbn, they were talking about it, i missed it. :(
 

·
Banged
Joined
·
5,579 Posts
it was probably the best episode i've seen for a long time

but yeah, while its wrong that it was a long and drawn out death, its not like it was painfull for her. tomatoes dont feel much


I'ts just sad that her parents kept her like that for so long. I told my parents just last week if i was ever in a vegetative state like that to kill me.

Seriously, thats the worst thing in the world.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,312 Posts
It's kinda funny how all of you overlooked the nurse's witness to him saying
, "When will the bi*** die?"

Never heard that did you? Also, not only was that her life was lost, but lack of nutrients aka starvation is one of the most painful death's. I don't know if she felt any pain, but i still think it's wrong what happened.




~Vince~
 

·
Bringer of large farts
Joined
·
2,370 Posts
Ima set morality aside here and talk about the legal precident im worried about this setting. i have an opinion on the ethics, but its not that that scares me.

Does anyone else se this as a new way for husbands to kill wives? im not saying he did anything to kill her. im talking about the fact that with enough planning, someone could easily get away with murder. there are many ways to put someone into a vegetative state that are nearly undetectable. what are we going to do when this comes up? there going to say" you cant prove i did a thing, and i have legal rights". its just a bit of a disturbing precident. It also angers me we have apparently reverted back to english common law, were a woman is no longer a daughter once she is married, but a wife. thats not how its supposed to work...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
chromekilla said:
tomatoes dont feel much
Tomatoes are fruit ;0
vpraidersfan1 said:
It's kinda funny how all of you overlooked the nurse's witness to him saying
, "When will the bi*** die?"

Never heard that did you? Also, not only was that her life was lost, but lack of nutrients aka starvation is one of the most painful death's. I don't know if she felt any pain, but i still think it's wrong what happened.




~Vince~
Learn to read.
 

·
Bringer of large farts
Joined
·
2,370 Posts
Just kind of as an aside. while i dont think it was wrong to "pull the plug"so to speak, the way they did it was a little disgusting. i mean, we prosecute people as war criminals for this kind of crap
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
txaggie08 said:
Ima set morality aside here and talk about the legal precident im worried about this setting. i have an opinion on the ethics, but its not that that scares me.

Does anyone else se this as a new way for husbands to kill wives? im not saying he did anything to kill her. im talking about the fact that with enough planning, someone could easily get away with murder. there are many ways to put someone into a vegetative state that are nearly undetectable. what are we going to do when this comes up? there going to say" you cant prove i did a thing, and i have legal rights". its just a bit of a disturbing precident. It also angers me we have apparently reverted back to english common law, were a woman is no longer a daughter once she is married, but a wife. thats not how its supposed to work...
No, see we have something called 'medical science'. We can tell if someone was 'put' into persistent vegetative state. So, you lose.
txaggie08 said:
Just kind of as an aside. while i dont think it was wrong to "pull the plug"so to speak, the way they did it was a little disgusting. i mean, we prosecute people as war criminals for this kind of crap
Well, we're not legally allowed to put a slug in their heads :rolleyes: . Also, the situation was a tad different. Read the posts here, or better yet, watch the news.
 

·
Banged
Joined
·
5,579 Posts
yeah, they should have used drugs or something, but then even more bible freaks would ***** about it

i mean, its like pulling a cucumber off its plant. (aka feeding tube)

the cucumber isnt in any pain whatsover, it doesnt even know its been picked, but it will eventually die/rot.


and for the people who will ***** about the husbands motives in this, that isnt even a point that should be argued. motives aside, he did the right thing. i dont think any of you would enjoy being a bag of bones and tissue for 15 years when the person you were was completely dead, let alone like 70 years which her family would have wanted


seriously, this woman died 15 years ago, and her parents should have delt with it then. i think thier just too afraid to accept that thier daughter is dead and want to put off the inevetable because once her body dies too, there is no denying that she is gone.
 
1 - 20 of 135 Posts
Top