Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title signifies I am raising our hacker terror alert to AMBER all memebers are asked to be thoughtfull at all times that the forum may cease to exsist in a few hours. Notice that it could be to the RED level so blowing up your computer and hiding in your den with the tv on cnn to see what might just happen isn't exactly needed just yet.

Don't really worry about a hack guys. As bad as it may sound its not the end of life. Really if it does go down enjoy fall talk about politics with your friends or make a new friend if you don't have any. Don't let some 15 year old punk make you worry about something that isn't even a big deal.

If the forum is to go down watch for the server to see when it comes back up...please don't make posts on pbn or any other like forum because our problems don't belong there.

My email is [email protected] if you need to get in contact with me
also aol is ts assault

Id really prefer not getting a bunch of junk if the forum does go down. we will do our best to post up a message on the main page of paintballforum.com on the expected time of getting things back up otherwise occasionally check directpaintball.com to see if there is anything there as far as news goes.

cheers mates. and again I stress don't worry about it. Avanters thinks he has a strangle hold on us but he can't make us feel inferior without our permision.

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
Avanters hacked us. ^^^

·
Administrator
1,131 Posts
FINAL NOTICE!

I spoke with Avanters on the phone for an hour tonight. There is no threat against PBF from Avanters. I am very sure about this. Avanters is a good guy in this battle. He brought to my attention a loophole in the Vbulletin scripting that can damage any VB database. We are however making backups (tomorrow) and have old backups on hand.

Please drop the talk about Avanters. We have resolved the issue. In the future, if you talk to him on AIM or otherwise, please respect him. He pulled us out of a huge problem earlier this summer and should be thanked for that.

I have confidence in him and know that this issue that many members have with him will not continue. I also noted an AIM conversation with Avanters that was a FRAUD posted on the forum... in fact I was talking to Avanters on the phone when the AIM script was posted... AVANTERS WAS NOT EVEN SIGNED ON!

Please drop all conversations about this matter. It is fixed.

Thanks to all the members who are keeping there heads up for hacking attempts. I'm very happy with the support that PBF Members have for the forum. As far as everthing looks, we are good for now.

Mark

·
Administrator
1,131 Posts
Number One N00b said:
Why was the server down for a few hours? Is Cobra trying to take rep points off or something like that?
As for this issue. This was a routine maintenance procedure that brought the server down. It was just a 1/100 coincidence between the alledged hacking attempt and scheduled downtime.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats strange because Im getting a different ring from him.
TS ASSAULT: hello
Bboyclark1989: Hello.
TS ASSAULT: hows avanters this evening
Bboyclark1989: pretty good
TS ASSAULT: got some rumors about you on the board today wondering if you had any comments
Bboyclark1989: No I do not.
TS ASSAULT: Were you involved
Bboyclark1989: I have no comments for anything you might ask me.
TS ASSAULT: why is that
Bboyclark1989: I have no comments for anything you might ask me, including "why is that".
TS ASSAULT: What did mark have to say about it?
Bboyclark1989: I have no comments or answers for anything you might ask me.

he doesn't want to talk about anything

the reason he wasn't on today is because he is banned. dispite your apparent knowing him so well he was banned several weeks ago for trying to sell illegal drugs to members. then he went on to threaten the forum.

I don't see how we can not even look at the possiblity.

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
Bboyclark1989: I will not answer any questions, or respond to any comments, thoughts, or opinions related to myself and paintballforum.com and/or anyone or anything to do with it. Thank you.

His new exuse.

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
mods and admins, you guys work this out, us regular members have no say nor authority in this matter so in general we gotta shut up. honestly, as long as the forum is running, i dont care. if its not, its your(mods.admins) job to get it back and to punish those responsible.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
this isnt a joke, we are very strict on mods participating in pranks now

we banned him when he offered to sell prescription drugs to a minor, and he got pissed. This happened a while ago and he has been threatening to hack ever since.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.