Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mostly play woodsball and the site i go to use tippman 98c rentals. (I have to use theirs since my spyder is totally screwed) - ive been playing for a few months now and am learning fast. i feel the spyders and tippmans are starting to let me down. their accuracy lacks severely (my opinion anyway, i know some people may disagree) which is starting to irritate me...

so, i want a suitable woodsball marker which is accurate, fast (>15 bps) and quite reliable. i was considering buying a TES a few weeks ago, but i coultn because of sudden money problems - now i have the cash again and its burning a damn hole in my pocket :p i really like the look of the TES, and it sounds quite good too. but is it accurate? and is it easy to clean/strip?

or is there better?

about $230 max i willing spend (inc everything)

:shrug:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Snip3r said:
Send me your spyder, let me repair it...and upgrade it...get a good barrel and it will have the accurarcy you want. What kind of spyder do you have? If its a mech, getta ESP frame and you'll have ample speed.
its an old spyder shutter, mech, like many years old

i think i took it apart one too many times, i get about 10 shots per 20oz cylinder and the shots are weak, go about 20ft. :shrug: im thinking a leak, but i cant repair it and i would like a new marker anyway :smokin

ION? whats that?

·
Registered
306 Posts
the tes is basicaly a spyder(but a little fancier) look into a ion,or a bko... both are fairly cheep, bout the cost of higher spyders or the tes,with alot more performance and can be made into mean machines...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well my local paintball shop sells ION's for £195 which is about $355 ... not including hopper or air... =/ what kinda tank would i need? i have no idea about sizes of air tanks ive always used c02

·
Registered
451 Posts
basically, any size air tank will work on an ion, but the bigger the tank, the more shots. an ion will also require a fast hopper to keep up with it. i suppose you dont NEED a fast hopper, but why buy a fast gun and not shoot fast?

and go for a high pressure tank, a low pressure tank will work on the ion, but durring high rof you could get shootdown, and if its high, you can use it on all of your other guns

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
wow, Imagine looks pretty sweet ... and hella cheap too

hmm, I went to xtremepaintball.com and found all the stuff i like:

Spyder Imagine 04 Paintball Gun ($108)
68ci/3000psi Fiber Wrapped HP ($165.95)
Black Redz 68ci Bottle Cover ($14.95)
Black VL eVLution II ($65.95)
Custom Products Spyder Flame Drop Forward -Black- ($32.99)
DYE E-Spyder Sticky 3 Grip -Black- ($22.99)
12" Spyder PMI Razzor Barrel -Black- ($19.99)

Total: $431.59

yehh thatd be sweeeeeeet *drool*

EDIT: oh and this too

·
Registered
24 Posts
Instead of the 68/3k go with a 68/4500. You will get more shots and better resale. Also get a better barrel like a CP 1-piece or J&J Ceramic. Additionally, the grips aren't really priority (along with the drop) and you can put that money into better tank and barrel. As far as the bolt goes, I wouldn't reccommend it, the stock bolt should work fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts